Timing of Princess Transfer from Anchorage airport to Whittier?

Chase's Dad

We sail on the Golden Princess southbound later this month.  I just spoke with a friendly Princess rep, who assures me that the transfers we already purchased are "interchangeble" - meaning we can choose to get on the transfer bus at either Egan Center or the airport - even though one booking summary (our son's) mentions Egan and the other (ours) mentions the airport, with Egan as an option.  At first, we intended to get on the bus at Egan, but our current plan is to meet our son and his wife at the airport and stay the night before the cruise at the Lakefront Hotel, near the airport, and drop our rental off at the airport when we check in for the transfer on Saturday. From other helpful posts, I understand that we will sign in with a Princess rep in the Arrivals area and them wait our turn for a bus.  The Princess rep says no bus will depart until 12:00, which is fine with us. (We plan to show our son and his wife a little of Turnagain Arm before we turn the car in!)

For planning purposes, it seems odd that Princess will not know in advance how many passengers will leave from each of the two deaprture locations, but the pleasant rep says we can do what we want. So, I am curious:

1.   does anyone see a problem?

2.   if we arrive at ANC at 1:00 and check in, what is your best guess about our wait time for the next bus?

3.   what document do you show at ANC to confirm you pirchased a Princess transfer?

It shows on your cruise personalizer. I was set up for the one in town but had my TA change to airport as I, too, will be dropping off a car at the airport. Hard to say the wait time as it will depend on other passenger's arrivals. I would expect the closer you are to the noon "target", the faster you may leave as the early arrivals will already be queued up. Doesn't really matter to me!

When we took the shuttle 5 years ago the buses left on the hour, 12-4, so they would be in time for the tunnel. So if you plan on the one oclock bus make sure you are there a little early as they leave right on time.

Do not wait until 1:00 to show up! In the past, the last bus has left the airport around 2:00.  The first bus is usually filled by those who arrived super early. You’re given a number or color to wait until the next available bus departs. If I were you, I’d get to the airport at 11:00.