Royal, 4/27/2019

1emerald1

I will write a detailed review tomorrow, still too tired!  Quickly, this cruise exceeded my expectations and I believe additional training has turned the negative issues around.

Question - on my post cruise survey I listed several crew members for commendation.  Does anyone know if the crew member is made aware of the passengers name who made comments on the survey?

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 5:37 PM, 1emerald1 said:

Question - on my post cruise survey I listed several crew members for commendation.  Does anyone know if the crew member is made aware of the passengers name who made comments on the survey?

Yes for the most part.

Santa Clarita reads every comment and everything is forwarded back to the ship for commendations/improvements.  Many crew members will get better assignments onboard and in the future based on positive reviews, and new projects/ideas by staff and management will continue to be implemented and repeated if there's positive feedback.

Also don't forget the officers and guest entertainers as well.  Officers are always wanting to be promoted to better positions and for the privilege of opening ship inagurals.  Guest entertainers, while passengers, are still independent contractors with Princess, and based on positive feedback, will get more bookings on more ships, and thus be considered for the annual Entertainer of the Year finals.

Every single comment to everyone you see working for Princess helps.  Positive, negative, or in between feedback as long as there is a substantial reason for it, and not just an opinion, are valid.  One sentence negative opinions without a reason or explanation are generally ignored, from what I've been told.

I make a point to praise every employee I enjoy because too many people complain and not enough praise.  The praises matter as much as the complaints.

Feedback really changes lives onboard.  Glad you took the time to do it.  

Edited by musicpro442

5 hours ago, musicpro442 said:

Yes for the most part.

Santa Clarita reads every comment and everything is forwarded back to the ship for commendations/improvements.  Many crew members will get better assignments onboard and in the future based on positive reviews, and new projects/ideas by staff and management will continue to be implemented and repeated if there's positive feedback.

Also don't forget the officers and guest entertainers as well.  Officers are always wanting to be promoted to better positions and for the privilege of opening ship inagurals.  Guest entertainers, while passengers, are still independent contractors with Princess, and based on positive feedback, will get more bookings on more ships, and thus be considered for the annual Entertainer of the Year finals.

Every single comment to everyone you see working for Princess helps.  Positive, negative, or in between feedback as long as there is a substantial reason for it, and not just an opinion, are valid.  One sentence negative opinions without a reason or explanation are generally ignored, from what I've been told.

I make a point to praise every employee I enjoy because too many people complain and not enough praise.  The praises matter as much as the complaints.

Feedback really changes lives onboard.  Glad you took the time to do it.  

Thank you so much for your in depth response!

• Like 1