Rental car drop off & Port Canaveral

Lorey2007

We'll have a Budget rental car to drop off at Port Canaveral.  Can we drop our bags at NCL Sun and then return our rental car?  If so what time can we drop our bags? We would like to be at check in by 11am.

1 hour ago, jencrash said:

Budget car rental at Port Canaveral is a "S" show good luck

Ok some advice please should we be at Budget when they open & then call a Uber?

Is it really that bad to drop off a car?

On our March 2019 NCL Epic cruise, we used Alamo pre-cruise and Budget post-cruise

I would recommend Alamo, they were very organized when we used them, they are so close to the terminal you and see the NCL ship from their location. We turned in our vehicle and within 10 minutes we were on the shuttle bus on the way to the terminal. They had several shuttles running.

The Port Canaveral Budget location is very unorganized. I saw people waiting for anywhere from 20-30 minutes for their one shuttle bus.

Thanks we already have a precruise prepaid Budget rental. If the wait is too long for the shuttle we will call a Uber.

Anyone know if it takes a long time to just return the car ? 

Looks like you are sailing on a Monday?  If you are going on a Monday, you may not be too bad off if there aren't a lot of ships there.  We've used Budget there several times and it just gets worse every time.  You can take their shuttle back to the ship - it is only about a 5 minute ride but getting to your terminal sometimes can be backed up with the cars.

Both dropping off and picking up cars at that Budget location stinks.  Very unorganized.  Last time we tried Avis and it was just as bad.

We usually drop everyone at the terminal and I or me and DS will return car to get back to ship terminal. 

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

Looks like you are sailing on a Monday?  If you are going on a Monday, you may not be too bad off if there aren't a lot of ships there.  We've used Budget there several times and it just gets worse every time.  You can take their shuttle back to the ship - it is only about a 5 minute ride but getting to your terminal sometimes can be backed up with the cars.

Both dropping off and picking up cars at that Budget location stinks.  Very unorganized.  Last time we tried Avis and it was just as bad.

We usually drop everyone at the terminal and I or me and DS will return car to get back to ship terminal. 

Yes we are sailing next Monday we will pick up the car at MCO on Friday and stay in Orlando until Monday AM.  What time do you recommend getting to Budget? Our rental is prepaid will that make it any quicker to drop off? Would taking a Uber instead of the shuttle avoid any of the traffic?  Is there a way to find out how many ships are in port?  Thanks