Symphony - A Sweet Celebration - Preview and Semi-Live Trip Report

On 5/27/2019 at 10:01 AM, blueridgemama said:

Let us know how your resort day goes in Nassau.

We enjoyed Warwick. I found the food in the quick service restaurant to be excellent. I will post photos in the days to come.

On the days we were in port, I could get signal and post early in the day, but not in the afternoon.

On the three night itinerary, there were no formal nights. People did dress up the 2nd night, and we got our photos taken then.

One thing to note. The MDR has taken the lax dress code to the far extreme. There were a few people in swimsuits with a mini dress sheer coverup at dinner last night. I have no idea how that wasn't stopped. Anything goes in the MDR on Symphony, including tank tops on men and camouflage hats. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

7 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

On the days we were in port, I could get signal and post early in the day, but not in the afternoon.

On the three night itinerary, there were no formal nights. People did dress up the 2nd night, and we got our photos taken then.

One thing to note. The MDR has taken the lax dress code to the far extreme. There were a few people in swimsuits with a mini dress sheer coverup at dinner last night. I have no idea how that wasn't stopped. Anything goes in the MDR on Symphony, including tank tops on men and camouflage hats. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

What a shame that they don't enforce any dress code. I don't expect formal but I do expect respectful like you would see at a nice restaurant at home.

I tried to let it just pass without bothering me, once at our table, I paid no notice to what others were wearing. I am very happy we chose a smaller ship for our next cruise.

I just noticed I was charged for my husband's drink at Playmakers. He had the deluxe package and I had the refreshment package. I called, but will have to call back on Friday. RCCL takes two days to transfer the information.

Edited by dreadpirate3

Coco Cay was quite beautiful. The water is still clear, and there is lots of marine life around. 

Looking at South Beach and the floating bar.

DSCF9017.thumb.JPG.cbdb637e47a496a1a2ad8c77dd87cf6b.JPG

From the shore looking out.

DSCF9048.thumb.JPG.50aaf0b71798e27328f55a4dcfa0e3b3.JPG

The stingrays and fish. Let me know if you want to know the secret place they hang out. 

DSCF9053.thumb.JPG.1c1b1452ca434f64c7da9757e2c942c2.JPG

DSCF9060.thumb.JPG.241c19ec8ab2470cf672b101c0863153.JPG

1 hour ago, dreadpirate3 said:

I plan to post more, including food photos, but I have had a hectic work and home life since we returned and leave for a professional conference in the morning.

Look forward to hearing more. Did you have pictures of cruise compasses?

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

Look forward to hearing more. Did you have pictures of cruise compasses?

I have them, but not sure they are very helpful since this is a twice a year 4 day itinerary. I can scan them later in the week.

1 minute ago, dreadpirate3 said:

I have them, but not sure they are very helpful since this is a twice a year 4 day itinerary. I can scan them later in the week.

1 minute ago, dreadpirate3 said:

that is exactly why I am interested as we are on the 4 night cruise on Sept 3rd.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 5:48 PM, dreadpirate3 said:

Coco Cay was quite beautiful. The water is still clear, and there is lots of marine life around. 

Looking at South Beach and the floating bar.

DSCF9017.thumb.JPG.cbdb637e47a496a1a2ad8c77dd87cf6b.JPG

From the shore looking out.

DSCF9048.thumb.JPG.50aaf0b71798e27328f55a4dcfa0e3b3.JPG

The stingrays and fish. Let me know if you want to know the secret place they hang out. 

DSCF9053.thumb.JPG.1c1b1452ca434f64c7da9757e2c942c2.JPG

DSCF9060.thumb.JPG.241c19ec8ab2470cf672b101c0863153.JPG

So where do they hang out??

8 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Thank you so much for the cruise compasses and I have to compliment you on their clarity. They are so easy to read. So many times the cruise compasses that are posted are so blurry that I can't read them at all😊

You are welcome. I will post more about our experiences on board over the next few days.

On 5/28/2019 at 1:22 PM, dreadpirate3 said:

I tried to let it just pass without bothering me, once at our table, I paid no notice to what others were wearing. I am very happy we chose a smaller ship for our next cruise.

I just noticed I was charged for my husband's drink at Playmakers. He had the deluxe package and I had the refreshment package. I called, but will have to call back on Friday. RCCL takes two days to transfer the information.

Did you give them both cards or just yours -that would explain it