Checking availability and prices etc?????

bazzaw

It's been a while since I last cruised with Cunard - but I am trying to check out availability and cabin fares for a particular Cunard Cruise Q015B in may 2020 - I can find the cruise in their website and it tells me where it goes - but cannot find anywhere to check out what or if any cabins are available and at what cost. Am I really stupid or is Cunards website c***?? 

You're right. There are no prices etc.. The whole site is rubbish.

Now, turning to the other part of your question, "Am I really stupid", I think we'll have to save that one for the conference :-)

Stewart

• Haha 1

There are no prices or Book now option for that cruise or any of the departures from Tokyo.

I would check with your TA or direct with Cunard.

Other cruises are working so it's not just a website error.

12 hours ago, bazzaw said:

It's been a while since I last cruised with Cunard - but I am trying to check out availability and cabin fares for a particular Cunard Cruise Q015B in may 2020 - I can find the cruise in their website and it tells me where it goes - but cannot find anywhere to check out what or if any cabins are available and at what cost. Am I really stupid or is Cunards website c***?? 

I have access to another TA, and they show several trips from Tokyo in 2021, if you can give me your specific date. I can tell you what they say about accommodations and prices. 

bazzaw is specifically asking about Q015B, Japan and Alaska, 38 nights, May 6 - June 20, 2020.

What I am seeing on the Cunard US website at the moment is that there is no pricing or availability being shown on any of QE's voyages. A first clue that there is an overall problem with QE voyages on the Cunard website is this search screen. Here I have not attempted to specify any search criteria other than to filter by ship. Note that "Queen Elizabeth" is grayed out and cannot be selected.

image.thumb.png.bfe4784d42ef4f8df086773047c7f79e.png

When I just let the system display all voyages, then QE voyages are displayed and they do show a starting "From" fare. But note the ship name "Queen Elizabeth" is not displayed under the voyage name and there is no cabin class such as "Britannia Inside" associated with that "From" fare.

image.thumb.png.1d130e8c3d3c6b5c9107c1b9b07d34b6.png

Then of course if you actually click "See voyage details", no pricing or availability can be found. My conclusion is that there is currently a general problem with all QE voyages on the Cunard website.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Queen Elizabeth voyages are finally back online today, with pricing and availability now showing on Cunard's US website at least. That includes the voyage Q015B that bazzaw asked about originally.

Yes - thankyou - all is good now! 

They've yet to sort out M104E (Fremantle-Melbourne, Feb 2021): for more than a month it's been three screens: itinerary, cabin choice, book now then "I'm afraid that we have encountered an unknown error. Please try again later". Finally ten days ago I followed this up with Cunard who promptly responded "We apologise for the inconvenience but apparently the voyage M104E is not yet open for bookings. We don't have a turn around time on when the voyage will be available for bookings, so we really need to check it from time to time. However, we'll also send your feedback to the digital team about our website. Again, we apologise". Hey guys, why not just fix it - as simple as "This cruise is not yet open for bookings" on page 1.

M104F (Fremantle-Sydney) is open. If I booked it and M104E became available (I live in Melbourne so no desire to have a port day at home, then pay for two extra nights and a flight home from Sydney) would I be able to change my booking?

On 5/16/2019 at 8:28 AM, MelbTone said:

They've yet to sort out M104E (Fremantle-Melbourne, Feb 2021): for more than a month it's been three screens: itinerary, cabin choice, book now then "I'm afraid that we have encountered an unknown error. Please try again later". Finally ten days ago I followed this up with Cunard who promptly responded "We apologise for the inconvenience but apparently the voyage M104E is not yet open for bookings. We don't have a turn around time on when the voyage will be available for bookings, so we really need to check it from time to time. However, we'll also send your feedback to the digital team about our website. Again, we apologise". Hey guys, why not just fix it - as simple as "This cruise is not yet open for bookings" on page 1.

M104F (Fremantle-Sydney) is open. If I booked it and M104E became available (I live in Melbourne so no desire to have a port day at home, then pay for two extra nights and a flight home from Sydney) would I be able to change my booking?

On Wednesday my TA explained these short segments are not yet available to book.  Indeed they might never be depending on how the longer segments book.  From previous experience the short segments open fairly "last minute" (within 2-3 months prior to departure).

Living in Perth and wanting to experience QM2, the only Cunard ship I haven't sailed on, my TA booked me Fremantle to Sydney with the written proviso that I can change to the shorter Freo-Adelaide cruise if it becomes available, or cancel with full refund by 20 August 2020.  Perhaps ask your TA if you can do that too?