Boys on Breakaway

We are thinking of booking the Breakaway in November and taking our nephews, ages 10 and 12. We are experienced cruisers but have never paid attention to the kids' stuff since we aren't parents. Is the Breakaway a good ship for kids their age? I know it's a broad question but just want to feel good about the ship for them.

I saw a lot of kids have a great time on my 4 times on Breakaway.  The only negative is there is very little space around the kids pool for parents to sit and supervise.  Kids are not allowed in the big pool.

• Like 1

We sailed the Breakaway twice with our twins, but they were a lot younger than your nephews.  That being said there is a TON for them to do on the ship: sports court, ropes course, video arcade, mini golf, teen entourage, pools, rock climbing wall, water slides...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ncstapletons said:

We are thinking of booking the Breakaway in November and taking our nephews, ages 10 and 12. We are experienced cruisers but have never paid attention to the kids' stuff since we aren't parents. Is the Breakaway a good ship for kids their age? I know it's a broad question but just want to feel good about the ship for them.

Make sure to register them for the Splash Academy on embarkation day and let them make friends there on the first day. You won’t see them until it is time to disembark. 

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Make sure to register them for the Splash Academy on embarkation day and let them make friends there on the first day. You won’t see them until it is time to disembark. 

This! We just went in December and my boys had a blast! They love Splash Academy and meeting new kids. There is little room to sit far away by the kids pool, but there is a great area to sit and put your feet into the pool there. All of the amenities are perfect for boys that age. Have a great time!

The Breakaway and it's class are great for the kids and teens and young adults. My kids always have a great time and their friends onboard are always having fun and making more friends. You will truly spoil them, my kids now sneer at anything less than an away class ship.

1 minute ago, yearsofcruising said:

My grandkids were 12 & 9 at the time.1st day at sea they explored the ship at 7am & met for buffet breakfast. The rule was just to check in for meals . On sea days , meet at O'Sheehans for lunch...Worked out nice...lol

Hey neighbor, we had just about the same policy or we'd never see them.