Excursions for Seniors

Rlynng

Anyone have any suggestions for excursions for seniors?  We are 2 couples in our 60's and 70's so things like cave tubing, zip lining etc. are not for us.  The husbands have some limited mobility.  They can walk short distances but aren't able to go for long stretches.  We don't want to sit at the beach.  What other options are there? 

Just FYI,  DW and I are on the cusp of 70,  but we've done cave tubing and zip lining in our 60s.  So age shouldn't matter.

However, mobility does.  And the other major attraction in Belize is the Mayan Ruins, all of which require extensive walking.   That said, Altun Ha is the closest ruins to the tender pier and it has good manicured walking paths and interesting exhibits. 

A taxi tour of Belize City, with stops at the Anglican Church, the Cultural Museum in the old Governors Mansion, and the national art museum closer to the cruise port, might interest you.  Or a trip to the Belize Zoo, which is primarily an animal rehab facility. but interesting.

You didn't say, but if you're sailing on NCL, you'll dock at Harvest Caye.  As you need to take a ferry to the mainland, Harvest Caye is probably where you'll wind up.

Belize is a Wild Tropical Jungle... the whole country is like an enormous national park.  Most excursions involve bus rides into jungle and some walking...   but:   some tours that might work for you still.

Belize zoo and/or the Monkey Reserve or Jaguar Reserve if you are into nature.  

Airboat tours on the rivers, ditto to see nature.

If you like walking around small villages on an island, look at Caye Caulker trips.  Not as much jungle, just little undeveloped island with shops and restaurants, no cars.  A couple of different tour companies go there.  

• 2 months later...

Have you gone yet?  We are in our 60s but active.  I just don't feel like taking a 2 hour bus tour anywhere.  We are looking at a food tour. A friend told me there is a horse and buggy ride in town from which  you can do a bit of sightseeing.  I saw another posting looking for cheap things to do and it mentioned some museums in town.  Would love to hear what you decided to do. We are going in September