Transportation from Disney Hotel to Port?

ham_bone

I'm sure it's been answered before but I cant find a thread. 

Looking for recommendations to get from a Disney hotel to Port Canaveral for 2 adults and a 4 year old (will need booster/car seat). 

Uber offers a car seat service and estimates it at $81 for the ride but I would prefer a sure thing if its not ridiculous $. 

Are there any Shuttle service recommended?  

Thanks! 

If you google "Orlando to Port Canaveral shuttles" you will get MANY options!  Figure on paying around $15-20 pp.  It's about an hour drive, give or take, so $81 for the entire family isn't so bad!

41 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

If you google "Orlando to Port Canaveral shuttles" you will get MANY options!  Figure on paying around $15-20 pp.  It's about an hour drive, give or take, so $81 for the entire family isn't so bad!

WOW! Never heard of this Google thing before!!! ITS AMAZING!!!

Thanks for the help.

Was curious if people here had solid recommendations based on personal experience. 

Most of those shuttle leave from MCO and nearby hotels, not WDW. Shuttle fares are usually $20-25 per person. Check Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans. You could take Disney bus back to the airport to catch the shuttle.

$80+ for Uber sounds like a better option, or look at a one way car rental.  All of the rental agencies offer free shuttles to the port after you return the car.

• Like 1

We wound up doing the UBER thing on a Sunday morning from a Disney resort to Port Canaveral back in March.  I was concerned about availability but we had no issues and had a car show up within minutes.  

We did quite a bit of research and found there to be limited options from a Disney resort to the Port unless you backtracked through the airport.

I did price out Mears at the time and they were about $160 at the time and you could  prebook for peace of mind 

15 minutes ago, K2G said:

We wound up doing the UBER thing on a Sunday morning from a Disney resort to Port Canaveral back in March.  I was concerned about availability but we had no issues and had a car show up within minutes.  

We did quite a bit of research and found there to be limited options from a Disney resort to the Port unless you backtracked through the airport.

I did price out Mears at the time and they were about $160 at the time and you could  prebook for peace of mind 

What was the fare for Uber?  UberX or XL?

We're having the same issue in reverse - trying to get from the Port Canaveral Carnival terminal to Disney World. We really aren't interested in Uber or Lyft and don't want to rent a car. We're willing to spend up to $200, but finding a car service with consistently good reviews is next to impossible. I guess reverse engineering this through MCO is an option, but just feels like a waste of time. 

7 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We're having the same issue in reverse - trying to get from the Port Canaveral Carnival terminal to Disney World. We really aren't interested in Uber or Lyft and don't want to rent a car. We're willing to spend up to $200, but finding a car service with consistently good reviews is next to impossible. I guess reverse engineering this through MCO is an option, but just feels like a waste of time. 

Howdy neighbor! :classic_biggrin: You have eliminated the two most popular options, car rental and Uber, but for $200 or less should be able to use  taxi. Shuttle to MCO and AS A transportation from there will be MUCH cheaper but much less efficient.  Your call!

6 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Howdy neighbor! :classic_biggrin: You have eliminated the two most popular options, car rental and Uber, but for $200 or less should be able to use  taxi. Shuttle to MCO and AS A transportation from there will be MUCH cheaper but much less efficient.  Your call!

So...if--and it's a big if--we decide to look into Uber or Lyft, how exactly does it work? Yes, I'm a complete ride-share novice. I looked up Uber's website and it looks like we would want the Uber XL, but do we have to wait until we get off the ship to order a ride, then hope there will be a ride available? Or can we book in advance in order to have certainty that our ride will be there?

If a dinosaur like me can figure out Uber and Lyft, so can you. Watch a few YouTube videos, download the app, set up your account, and give it a local test drive (an excuse to go out for dinner!) before your cruise.

Request your ride after you have bags and have cleared immigration. Drivers will be waiting nearby because the port is where they can make money. Typical wait times are usually about 5 or so minutes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

If a dinosaur like me can figure out Uber and Lyft, so can you. Watch a few YouTube videos, download the app, set up your account, and give it a local test drive (an excuse to go out for dinner!) before your cruise.

Request your ride after you have bags and have cleared immigration. Drivers will be waiting nearby because the port is where they can make money. Typical wait times are usually about 5 or so minutes.

Thanks! I hadn't even thought about watching YouTube videos or taking a pre-trip test drive. I guess I just had it drilled into my head so much as a teenager to not get into cars with strangers that the whole Uber thing has been hard for me to wrap my brain around. 🤣  

32 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

With Uber and Lyft there is an electronic record of your request, pickup, etc.  Safer and better service and cheaper than a taxi! 😎

Wow - I didn't know that! Makes me feel much better. Thank you!

On 5/17/2019 at 5:34 PM, JohninDC said:

Most of those shuttle leave from MCO and nearby hotels, not WDW. Shuttle fares are usually $20-25 per person. Check Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans. You could take Disney bus back to the airport to catch the shuttle.

$80+ for Uber sounds like a better option, or look at a one way car rental.  All of the rental agencies offer free shuttles to the port after you return the car.

I have used cortrans before and really liked them, but they only show MCO to the port on their site.

I think we are going to be using them to get back to the airport after the cruise anyways. Maybe I'll call and ask them what they think. 

Uber is sounding like the better option but we have some hesitations with the car seat situation. 

On 5/19/2019 at 12:55 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

So...if--and it's a big if--we decide to look into Uber or Lyft, how exactly does it work? Yes, I'm a complete ride-share novice. I looked up Uber's website and it looks like we would want the Uber XL, but do we have to wait until we get off the ship to order a ride, then hope there will be a ride available? Or can we book in advance in order to have certainty that our ride will be there?

We UBER on vacation or in cities quite a bit and have had great luck with it. Have even used them for transportation on disney property a bunch. I have never used it with a car seat or for more than a short ride tho and that is what has us a little concerned. If it were just adults or no car seats were required, I wouldnt hesitate to try them if you havent. The service is typically much better than a cab.  

• Like 1