Cape Liberty cruise Port to NYC Megabus

CruzrwKidz

My son needs to disembark from Anthem very early Sunday and get to the Megabus Station at 34th Street between 11th and 12th Streets.   Can anyone advise me the best way to do this?  He used the PATH to get to Port but as we are unfamiliar with public transportation in New York, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks I’m advance.

Is he on the cruise that was delayed?  He would just reverse his trip.  Get himself to the light rail at 34th or 45th St, light rail ( any train) to Hoboken, PATH to 33rd St and Uber or walk to Megabus.  

The taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty can get him to the light rail (he should tell the guy he will share a car).  

Does he have a timed bus ticket?  Transportation doesn’t run as frequently early on a Sun morning.  IMO he needs to allow at least 2 hours if he has a timed ticket.

Edited by 138east

Unfortunately, yes he was on the delayed Anthem and he does have a timed ticket.  He was to be home today and we were to move him to Baltimore tomorrow to start a new job Monday.  Prayers go out to the medical emergency on ship.  Hope all is well with them.  But the delay has certainly caused some issues for many more than just those flying.  He still has to get home and move tomorrow.  It may be best for him to just uber the whole way and I’ll reimburse.  I can’t risk him missing megabus.  Unfortunately, he was planning to drive to port but hit a deer so the car was in the shop.  I think he had a great time but it certainly has been a learning experience.  

41 minutes ago, CruzrwKidz said:

Unfortunately, yes he was on the delayed Anthem and he does have a timed ticket.  He was to be home today and we were to move him to Baltimore tomorrow to start a new job Monday.  Prayers go out to the medical emergency on ship.  Hope all is well with them.  But the delay has certainly caused some issues for many more than just those flying.  He still has to get home and move tomorrow.  It may be best for him to just uber the whole way and I’ll reimburse.  I can’t risk him missing megabus.  Unfortunately, he was planning to drive to port but hit a deer so the car was in the shop.  I think he had a great time but it certainly has been a learning experience.  

What time is his bus?  He needs to self disembark with all his luggage.  He needs to be in line on deck 5 really early.  My experience has been that Anthem cruisers tend to be avid self disembarkers.  They get in line early and suck it up to be among the first off the ship.  From what I’ve read, my guess is that Cape Liberty will be a mess tomorrow.

The Summit cruisers were told not to show up until the afternoon. I understand that they are unloading the Anthem, getting it out of the dock, docking Summit for disembark/embarkation. Not sure if they are hoping to embark Anthem before it leaves.