Entertainment on Carnival Pride

Shoresan

We're sailing on Carnival Pride on June 16 for our 40th Anniversary. Can anyone give me a preview of the type of entertainment we can expect?  Recommendations of singers/ music acts?

How is the Piano Bar? 

Thanks for your help!

Cathy

If Dr.E is the cruise director on your cruise, you are in for a treat.  He does a couple of late night (10pm) musical shows in the Atrium which you should not miss!  Those shows were probably the most fun I’ve ever had on a cruise ship. 

There are also some decent production shows —“88 Keys” being the best of the bunch.  

The Piano Bar is luck of the draw.  We’ve been on the Pride twice and one performer was OK; the other was not good at all.  (And I really enjoy a good piano bar performer.) 

We just got off the Pride, We're not fans of the Playlist Productions and didn't go to any shows, what we heard while passing by the Taj Mahol at showtime was cringe worthy at best. We didn't go to the Piano Bar, but did enjoy the violin trio, Dive In Movies, Lip Synch Battle and comedians. Savannah is the CD for Dr. E's vacation, she was fun.

Though not a direct answer to your question, if you are booked for either early or late seating at dinner you will enjoy one of the best, entertaining and vocal Maitre D's in the fleet! Ken Byrne is the singing Maitre D, and on several of our cruises he has substituted for missing acts as a regular show!

• Like 1

We love the Punchliner Comedy Club in the Butterflies Lounge, they have family friendly and adult shows.  I agree with Chocolate Melting Cake that Maitre d" Ken is the best, we had him on 7 or 8 of our Pride cruises and his singing was a nice touch to the MDR experience. 

Enjoy your cruise!  

• 2 weeks later...