BVE medallions?

JF - retired RRT

Not sure if this will change but we were just on the Royal out of San Pedro a couple of weeks ago and tried to arrange a BVE for my daughter and her friend. Unfortunately the response from Princess was that they weren’t offering them on the Royal out of San Pedro - no explanation offered. Perhaps  that will change when they return - but for us it was a hard “No”. 

Edited by karatemom2

Just now, karatemom2 said:

Not sure if this will change but we were just in the Royal out of San Pedro a couple of weeks ago and tried to arrange a BVE for my daughter and her friend. Unfortunately the response from Princess was that they weren’t offering them on the Royal out if San Pedro - no explanation offered. Perhaps  that will change when they return - but for us it was a hard “No”. 

Wow! Hope that changes. I'd like to visit. Don't really want to sail...too big. 

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Wow! Hope that changes. I'd like to visit. Don't really want to sail...too big. 

I want to do the BVE as well and was also wondering about the Medallion.  I'll call Princess on Monday and let you know if they are accepting BVE reservations.

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

They had a BVE on the Royal last week.  They were wearing name badges on lanyards so I don't think they had the Medallions.

Thanks, Mario. That's what I thought. The medallions likely cost more than the BVE...plus most get that $39 back.👍

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 12:05 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

Thanks, Mario. That's what I thought. The medallions likely cost more than the BVE...plus most get that $39 back.👍

Just called Princess and the answer was to call back in 90 days as they were all booked up.  I inquired about future dates and the answer was the same.  I'm not quite buying that so I will call back next week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

Just called Princess and the answer was to call back in 90 days as they were all booked up.  I inquired about future dates and the answer was the same.  I'm not quite buying that so I will call back next week.

Maybe you were told that because they don't have the schedule yet. There aren't any cruises out of San Pedro until September.

That or whoever you talked to didn't know what he/she was talking about.:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Maybe you were told that because they don't have the schedule yet. There aren't any cruises out of San Pedro until September.

That or whoever you talked to didn't know what he/she was talking about.:classic_rolleyes:

Yes, I will try again.  Trying to book a BVE with Princess is painful as most are not trained and do not even know it exists.  I'll wait a bit and try again and hopefully get someone different on the phone.

5 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

Yes, I will try again.  Trying to book a BVE with Princess is painful as most are not trained and do not even know it exists.  I'll wait a bit and try again and hopefully get someone different on the phone.

When I booked our BVE that we did on the Pacific on the 12th. The lady I talked to was wonderful. Every once in a while, you get someone who knows what their job is...no always, but often enough to give me hope.