Explorer’s Head Sommelier, Georgiana Constantin

Eno-Bob

Found a great Forbes article about Regent wine service and the Head Sommelier on the Explorer, Georgiana Constantin.  We did a back-to-back on the Explorer last year over the holidays where we first met Georgiana.  We met her our first night on-board, she was the Sommelier in Prime 7, and she was great.  During that cruise she was promoted to Head Sommelier for the second cruise and did a superb job from day one.  If you’ve had the chance to meet and talk to Georgiana, you’ll be able to hear her “speaking” as you read the article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/debbikickham/2019/05/19/all-inclusive-on-regent-seven-seas-explorer-is-a-premium-experience/#5d65630b49ab

Interesting article - thanks for posting.  We sail almost exclusive on Explorer and hope to meet her but understand that she will likely be moving from ship to ship as other Head Sommeliers do.  

There seems to be promotions everywhere on Regent (a great thing - especially when they are promoted from within).  On cruise in February, we learned about two promotions to Staff Captain and one promotion to F&B Director.  Crossing our fingers about a G.M. promotion that would make many of us happy.

Bob, thanks for posting this article. As you know, we were on the same cruise when Georgiana was promoted. Walking into Compass Rose to find Cyndy in a Sommalier jacket and Georgiana in the Head Sommalier uniform was a highlight of the second leg of our back to back cruise last Christmas. I have to say that we find Regent pretty great at encouraging their employees to learn and grow and aspire to greater opportunities.  Cyndy also has a fantastic Regent story. 

I won’t mention all of those folks we love to follow.  I am sure each of the CC posters have Regent employees that they have met along the way that they love to see again and to see taking on more responsibility.   I really do think that this makes a difference for us as it does for others.  

At the end of the day, happy staff makes for happy guests and I think Regent does a very nice job of training, encouraging, supporting and promoting their employees. 

Sorry I am off topic, but to me Georgiania is one of those lovely employee success stories.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Interesting article - thanks for posting.  We sail almost exclusive on Explorer and hope to meet her but understand that she will likely be moving from ship to ship as other Head Sommeliers do.  

When we sailed on the Explorer in March we spoke with her frequently because we had had Regent order our favorite wine in and she was in charge of watching over it.  She was on top of everything.  She did mention that she is engaged to the senior (believe that is the title) bartender,  and they are going to be married in September as we recall.