Ocean Medallion waterproof??

Whitetrike

This is a second posting of my question as I'm not sure what response I'd get on FB!!! DW and I board the Royal on Saturday for our Alaska cruise!! In all the reading I've done about the Ocean Medallion I have not seen IF it is "water-proof" or "water-resistant! We do plan to use the hot tubs and maybe even the pools and want a functional medallion afterward! Is it safe to wear the medallion while hot tubing or swimming??

Best Regards,  Whitetrike

52 minutes ago, Whitetrike said:

This is a second posting of my question as I'm not sure what response I'd get on FB!!! DW and I board the Royal on Saturday for our Alaska cruise!! In all the reading I've done about the Ocean Medallion I have not seen IF it is "water-proof" or "water-resistant! We do plan to use the hot tubs and maybe even the pools and want a functional medallion afterward! Is it safe to wear the medallion while hot tubing or swimming??

Yes it is waterproof.  It said so in the info that came with the medallion.  I don't have it with me right now but I recall reading that.

57 minutes ago, Whitetrike said:

The video on princess dot com shows people wearing the medallion in the hot tub.

I’m on the Caribbean Princess now and can can confirm the medallion is waterproof. My husband wore his while swimming at Princess Cays yesterday and I’ve been in a pool today, both medallions are unlocking our door without a problem.

As sfkaren has stated, they are indeed waterproof.  We have used them 3 times on sailings, including last week on the Caribbean Princess and have not had any issues at all with them afterwards.