Excursion cheaper through carnival

KAA19

Hey everyone! I’m going on a cruise to the Bahamas and Ive been looking into doing the Dip N Discover dolphin encounter at Atlantis. I was originally going to book through Atlantis but decided to see if carnival offered the same excursion. Carnival has it for $30 cheaper. Is there any difference between the two? I thought that carnivals prices were always more expensive than booking through the actual company. 

If anyone has booked the dolphin encounter through Carnival can you tell me how the process was of getting there. I’ve read some reviews and some say it was really disorganized and took awhile getting to Atlantis. 

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/thingstodo/dolphincay/shallowwaterinteraction

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/nassau/atlantis-dolphin-shallow-water-and-beach-day-424043

Carnial has a low price guarantee now.

Like most Carnival guests, you're planning some fun ashore during your upcoming cruise...and like everyone, you want that shore excursion at the best price. Booking yours through Carnival is not only easier and more reliable, but will make your wallet happy too. 

Here's how it works:

• Purchase one of our amazing Carnival Shore Excursions! If you find that shore excursion elsewhere for a lower price, submit your claim online.
  • Within 48 hours, you will be notified if your claim meets the Best Price Guarantee’s criteria.
  • If your claim is accepted, you will receive 110% of the difference in price to enjoy in the form of an onboard credit.
  • The following restriction applies: Carnival’s Best Price Guarantee only applies to shore excursions that are advertised with pricing and publicly available.
  • Prices available only by using a coupon or other promotion not offered to the general public are ineligible.

26 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

It can happen.  I know from experience that the Old Town Trolley in Key West is cheaper through Carnival.

I missed the edit window.

Old Town Trolley currently charges $37.75 for a 1-day ticket.  It comes with a coupon book.  Carnival currently starts at $34.99.  It doesn't come with a coupon book.  For 1/30/18, Old Town Trolley was charging a little over $33 per person while I paid $22.99 per person to Carnival.

Edited by Tiger0613

Sometimes the Carnival excursions are a bit shorter than booking on your own and the group size is usually larger. That being said, it is possible for the excursion to be cheaper and it does not happen often. 

I used to exclusively shop around for private tours but I rarely do that anymore. I like the peace of mind that comes with the cruiseline excursion when I am traveling a significant distance away from the ship i.e. Belize. 

Nassau isn't too bad to get around. I believe you can take a water taxi to and from Atlantis and there are plenty of taxis. It's your call which one you choose. You will have an amazing time either way!