C&A Coupon Question

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the C&A coupons to be applied to your outstanding balance?

I do not have a TA, I booked with RC directly. I called the number on the coupon, and they said to fax it to their coupon redemption center, which I did.

Although it's not much, ever bit counts, so I am wondering how long I should wait before I call to check on the status -- so far, my outstanding balance remains the same.

Thanks!

(Alaska, here I come...)

I also booked through RCI and the CSR told me to mail it return receipt requested to verify they got it. That was last Friday and I'm still waiting for the receipt showing its been delivered to Miami. I also used another coupon after final payment and the CSR just took the code off the back and applied it. I have another cruise booked thru a TA and she said the coupons aren't applied until final payment.

I also booked through RCI and the CSR told me to mail it return receipt requested to verify they got it. That was last Friday and I'm still waiting for the receipt showing its been delivered to Miami. I also used another coupon after final payment and the CSR just took the code off the back and applied it. I have another cruise booked thru a TA and she said the coupons aren't applied until final payment.

That's very weird...when I called, they gave me a fax number -- they said to fill it out, photocopy both sides on one page, and fax it over to the attention of the "coupon redemption center". There was no mention made of sending a hard copy.

Interesting that you were told the coupon wouldn't be applied until final payment...since this coupon expires at the end of this month, which is long before my final payment, I'm assuming I'll be SOL is there's something wrong with my submission, eh?

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the C&A coupons to be applied to your outstanding balance?

I do not have a TA, I booked with RC directly. I called the number on the coupon, and they said to fax it to their coupon redemption center, which I did.

Although it's not much, ever bit counts, so I am wondering how long I should wait before I call to check on the status -- so far, my outstanding balance remains the same.

Thanks!

(Alaska, here I come...)

I also booked through RCCL and was told to fax it in when I called them about the coupon. I faxed it on January 17th, and it was credited three days later. I found out by checking my payment summary at the RCCL website.

We faxed a copy of our coupon in way before our final balance was due so I was worried about not receiving the credit. I kept tabs on it and when we called to make the final payment the amount owing was adjusted downwards without me having to mention the coupon. So, as far as I see it, the system works. We booked over the phone with RCI directly.

Happy Sailing.

I kept hearing about the C & A benefits and figured I would just sign up after my Feb. cruise (thinking that was my first RC cruise). Well, got to thinking, checked my scrapbook and realized a 3 day cruise I took in Feb of 1997 was RC (Viking Serenade). (I was on that cruise as part of a rubber stamping group so didn't get into which ship, etc.) Tried to enroll online - declined me, so I called the customer service number - got the nicest guy who got me enrolled - YEAH!!!! Didn't know who else to share this good news with as everyone else thinks my obsession with these boards is weird. I will recieve coupons and "whatever" in my stateroom when I board (2/18 - VOS). Thanks for all the great info - keep it coming.

Well, just checked my outstanding balance again and the coupon has been applied. It took about a week.

I do wonder why some are told to fax versus send hard copies, but so long as I get the discount, I guess it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the info, everyone.

Archived