Luggage tags

Daliaha

I just printed out our Documents for our up comming cruise and i realized It says to not cut the luggage tags. But to staple them or tape them on.   I have these cool tag holders i bought from Amazon that i used on our Royal Carribean cruise and I cut those tags and put them in the holders then on the suit cases.   My question... Do i have to fold the carnival ones, and then bring tape or a stapler with me?   or Can i just cut them like I did before and put them in the tag holders? 

We are flying in and I wont be putting them on until morning of the cruise so we dont lose a bag.

Thanks in advance.

THe luggage tags sold that specify they fit Royal or Celebrity luggage tags will be too skinny to fit the Carnival luggage tags. If they are the ones advertised as fitting Princess and HAL or general clear luggage tags you should be OK, as long as you don't cut off too much of the edges of the middle section.

I had luggage tag holders from Royal and NCL but the Carnival tags are too wide. If I cut them to fit to much info would be lost. 

So I ordered Carnival tag holders and they work great. These are the ones I got and they are really nice.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LGTGZWM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

I found tag holders on Amazon that fit Carnival tags. The whole "fold and don't cut" is so they remain thick enough not to tear easily if stapled to a handle. Luggage tags that clearly show the information are fine.

And while they do say you can print tags in black/white--color is best. Luggage gets to you faster if the crew can see colors on tags and triage bags for different decks without having actually read the tag.

I've laminated my tags (info visible on both sides) with no problem, but most often I cover the tag with clear shipping tape and then staple.  In addition, to aid the porters, I've also created a small laminated business card size tag with just the last name and cabin in big, bold lettering.  I came up with the business card tags to attach to my camera, day bag, towels, etc., so in case anything gets misplaced on the ship it increases the likelihood of its return.

• Like 1

We use the tag holders and I found that printing the tags on card stock makes it easier to put the tags in and out of the holders.  After I print them off, I cut the two outside thirds off, fold them and put them in the holders.