How much does wine cost on board

ladyinred007

You will probably get a more informed answer if you give an example. Princess has red wines that go from $30+ a bottle to $5300 a bottle.

Scotch questions would be equally difficult to answer - are you looking for a single malt, a blend, from particular area, such as Speyside, or …...

Not trying to be grumpy but don't know quite how to help you without more information.

Good wine is $40-$100 a bottle. Cheap wine that costs you $10 in a liquor store is $30.00. You do better by getting the more espensive wines, although everyth is very overpriced at more that 2 times retail. Used to be good prices, no more. Corkage is $15 so if you are near a liquor store, I would bring a case of wine on with you.

Here’s a link to their new dining room wine list which we enjoyed recently on the Royal Princess.  Sabatini’s had some other Italian wines so availability can vary by venue.  Although it might be possible to order from wine lists at other venues.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

For the first time we were able to recently purchase a wine package on our 7 day Royal Princess cruise.  That cost us $31/bottle for wine costing up to $45 so we enjoyed a cruise long wine tasting (18% tip is added to all drink purchases).

• Like 1

Wine is relative to what you know, it is safe to know that if you buy the middle of the road bottle of wine, meaning mid price range you will get the best bang for your buck....I make my own wine and I have had some of the cheaper wines that made me say woah! meaning great tasting...but I have had some of the mid range wine that were fantastic. Above that price it is up to you, the idea is to loosen the tongue and to talk....and have a great time....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s a link to their new dining room wine list which we enjoyed recently on the Royal Princess.  Sabatini’s had some other Italian wines so availability can vary by venue.  Although it might be possible to order from wine lists at other venues.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

For the first time we were able to recently purchase a wine package on our 7 day Royal Princess cruise.  That cost us $31/bottle for wine costing up to $45 so we enjoyed a cruise long wine tasting (18% tip is added to all drink purchases).

How did you manage to buy a wine package for seven days? Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Nosleepatall said:

How did you manage to buy a wine package for seven days? Thanks. 

I requested it the first night in Allegro dining room (traditional) and my waitress happily sold it to me.

I have no way to know if this is a fleetwide change or not.