Car hire from Berlin to Hamburg??

Hi cruise community

I need some advice on hiring a car from Berlin international airport and dropping it off in Hamburg. I am taking a norwegian fjord cruise from Hamburg on the QM2 and wasn't sure where the best place to drop the vehicle off would be, or if its better to drop the vehicle off the day before in Hamburg city or Hamburg airport? I understand there will be a one way fee on top of the car hire cost. Additionally, does anyone know what the most suitable/appropriate/best car hire company is in Germany as this will be my first time travelling here.

I know Im asking a few questions here but any advice you can give will really help me in making my trip much easier!

I believe most car rental companies does operate worldwide - I’m alway using Hertz when I’m traveling - then I choose a return office close to my final destination - several options in Hamburg. Use your preferred car rental company.

Example of Hertz return offices.

E166B41C-F84E-46C0-A41E-BFC3526ABB7F.jpeg

Thank you all for those suggestions - it gives me a lot more confidence in booking a hire car. When I travelled around England and Scotland, I hired a car through Europcar and they were pretty good, but I wasn't sure if Germany would be the same.

Thank you so much for the advice!