MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thankfully, their "messed up" system allowed me to use my Azamara status (status thanks to reciprocity with Celebrity - I've never sailed with them) to then switch to Diamond with MSC. I was able to play the "game" too, thanks to help from fellow CC'ers !!

I'm pretty sure I was one of those "fellow CCers". My wife and I played that same game, though starting from only Elite on Celebrity to Discoverer on Azamara to Diamond on MSC. I'd like to use that status to take advantage of the offer of 25% off a 2023 Explora Journeys sailing but I just can't squeeze in any more travel time this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

My Celebrity Elite+ also matched to MSC Gold - which, in and of itself, is "messed up" (though it's their system/game)!

Thankfully, their "messed up" system allowed me to use my Azamara status (status thanks to reciprocity with Celebrity - I've never sailed with them) to then switch to Diamond with MSC. I was able to play the "game" too, thanks to help from fellow CC'ers !!

Tom

I thought I read that its one and done. No way to change the match.

35 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Tell me how plz. D+ Royal matched to Gold. Can I try Hyatt or Marriott?

"Lucky" is hard to define, and was a component.

But, I did reapply (as if I was doing it for the first time) with a different home and email address, and they replied back and anointed me Diamond. Not sure if that's what made the magic happen. I thought I'd then have to get in touch with them to merge or delete one profile, but they used the same number and switched it to Diamond.

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Minutes in our case. Your TA can see your match.

Wow.  I haven't seen anything.  Maybe it's because I either 1) did it wrong, 2) they said forget it she's only Select, 3) I am unlucky

6 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Wow.  I haven't seen anything.  Maybe it's because I either 1) did it wrong, 2) they said forget it she's only Select, 3) I am unlucky

It's an imperfect system. We never received notice of our match. But when our TA put in our info our status and # came up. D+ on Royal matched to Gold. 😢

4 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

It's an imperfect system. We never received notice of our match. But when our TA put in our info our status and # came up. D+ on Royal matched to Gold. 😢

Because I just BECAME select on my last cruise I don't have a card showing the info.  Celebrity, however, did send me an email about my status etc.

Hi folks. I have my first MSC cruise booked for this June. The only program I have any kind of status for is at NCL, and I'm at Silver. Looking at a chart that was posted, that would only get me to the lowest level at MSC.
I have been told you can only match once. My question is, can I wait until after my first MSC cruise and then match? I ask because I'm going to be Gold on NCL after a cruise in August.

I have never sailed MSC but am planning to book a cruise on the Seashore with my grandkids.  I had applied for a status match years ago, succeeded but never went anywhere with it.  I have a new physical address and new email address since that initial match.  Same name, and I believe I used Hilton Honors Diamond previously and did again. I had an email with a Diamond to Diamond match within an hour of submitting.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 3:06 PM, chk-gnt said:

I'm trying to fill out the form for a status match. It won't let me fill in the state and city, accepts all the other info. Anyone have any ideas what I need to do?

On the Zip Code tab, it says "GET IT", click there and it'll auto populate your state!  :)

I didn't know not to create a Voyager account until after status match. Now it is continuing to use my old voyager number, I even created a new account with a different email. I put in the new voyager number when I created the new account, but somehow it still linked back to my old number?? I will try calling, however, I've read that's a nightmare. Has anyone else had to deal with this? 

I'm a celebrity elite customer. I get 5 free drinks per day on Royal Caribbean, laundry and priority boarding. Would I get the benefits on msc? I have not sailed on msc but these added perks my be enough to give them a go.

1 hour ago, Kingme said:

I'm a celebrity elite customer. I get 5 free drinks per day on Royal Caribbean, laundry and priority boarding. Would I get the benefits on msc? I have not sailed on msc but these added perks my be enough to give them a go.

Nope..

We're Elite+ w/Celebrity, so Diamond with Royal -- and we only get 4 drinks/day (but the suite lounge takes up the slack).

Tom

IHG Diamond Ambassador matched to Gold (seems a bit stingy).

I’ll take it though, my 4,300 points seem to have been restored even though we had been expired pre COVID due to two small monsters arriving!

On 3/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, chk-gnt said:

I'm trying to fill out the form for a status match. It won't let me fill in the state and city, accepts all the other info. Anyone have any ideas what I need to do?

It happened to me too. I have just sent them an email and asked for advise.