Why the Bar Restrictions when Docked in Vancouver?

jimdee3636

The confusion seems to be that ships docking in Vancouver, just like ships docking anywhere, are still subject to the rules established by the port city/country, etc. for docking at that location. If you don't want to follow them, you don't get to dock there. Just because you are technically in the USA once you are cleared to climb on the ship doesn't mean that the ship doesn't have to follow the host's rules.

31 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

The confusion seems to be that ships docking in Vancouver, just like ships docking anywhere, are still subject to the rules established by the port city/country, etc. for docking at that location. If you don't want to follow them, you don't get to dock there. Just because you are technically in the USA once you are cleared to climb on the ship doesn't mean that the ship doesn't have to follow the host's rules.

That was never the point of discussion. We were talking about it’s not a normal port, it’s not as easy as some to come and go because of going through customs. 

11 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

That was never the point of discussion. We were talking about it’s not a normal port, it’s not as easy as some to come and go because of going through customs. 

Oh, my bad!  I could have sworn the original post was discussing the limitations of bars being open. I must have replied to the wrong thread. 

4 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Oh, my bad!  I could have sworn the original post was discussing the limitations of bars being open. I must have replied to the wrong thread. 

It was but the part about the ship being in the US was regarding ease of exit not the fact that it didn't have to follow port rules