entertainment on the Breakaway

C cruise

42 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Wine Lovers is a silly thing, and an excuse to drink a lot of wine.  It was fun and worth doing once if you like silly plays and music and wine.

thanks for answering...so the cost was because we all get to drink wine? its not a dinner show?

11 minutes ago, C cruise said:

thanks for answering...so the cost was because we all get to drink wine? its not a dinner show?

Correct. It's held in the afternoon and you get 5(?) glasses of wine and a silly hour long show with singing. It usually has performers that are also from Rock of Ages. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C cruise said:

On the Escape last November it was a dinner show.  We had a very nice 3 course meal, as well as the wine.  We thought it was a lot of fun! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, albertamom said:

On the Escape last November it was a dinner show.  We had a very nice 3 course meal, as well as the wine.  We thought it was a lot of fun! :classic_biggrin:

thanks for that response... it does sound fun!

Hi, my friend and I did this on the Escape last year during a sea day on the way to Bermuda and it was a lot of fun.  As the other poster mentioned, you get a 3 course meal and 6 glasses of different wines.  The show was entertaining enough  and it's a great way to spend part of your day at sea if you don't feel like going to the pool.  I think it cost around $30 pp.

On 5/22/2019 at 1:59 PM, PelicanBill said:

Wine Lovers is a silly thing, and an excuse to drink a lot of wine.  It was fun and worth doing once if you like silly plays and music and wine.

It was alright. We did it once and wouldn't do it again.

Yes you get 6 glasses of wine, some good and most not to my liking.

The meal was decent Peking duck salad, sirloin manhattan steak with breaded cajun shrimp, lastly mochaccino cheesecake.

If you sit close, the singer has the crowd involved during the show.

On 5/22/2019 at 12:53 PM, C cruise said:

Has anyone seen Wine Lovers the Musical? or Velvet?  They have extra costs so I am assuming they are dinner shows? Just wondering how they are and if they are worth it..

We saw it a few years ago and the time was lunch time. It was cute, nice assortment  of wines and would probably do it again, but it was super crowded which took away from the enjoyment a bit. We did get a very nice 3 course lunch. That was 2 years ago, things could have changed. No, I don't think I would do it if there was no meal involved 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...