Special Occasion change?

beason641

Am I crazy, or did NCL use to ask if you were celebrating a special occasion while on board? I seem to recall it asking during check-in? We always cruise the week of our anniversary and my birthday so I know I've provided it before...

Our PCC used to ask us ...he no longer asks, and we no longer receive a card in room (which is just fine, because we rarely got the cakes).  I don't remember ever entering that sort of info during our "MY NCL" check-in process online.

• Like 1

When I just booked my Aug cruise the lady asked if it was a special occasion & I told her my bday would be when we are sailing & she noted it on our reservation. Maybe there isn't anywhere to note it if you book online but if you book over the phone let them know.

We are celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary on our Baltic Cruise on the Getaway this summer. DH called NCL, told them we would be celebrating our anniversary and they made a note of it on our reservation. We are supposed to get a cake that night, we have reservations at Ocean Blue. I’ll report back when we get back!

2 hours ago, Redsky5292 said:

We are celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary on our Baltic Cruise on the Getaway this summer. DH called NCL, told them we would be celebrating our anniversary and they made a note of it on our reservation. We are supposed to get a cake that night, we have reservations at Ocean Blue. I’ll report back when we get back!

My wife and I had an anniversary on our last cruise September 2018. We told our TA. When we arrived their was a little card, I forget what it said but we were supposed to present it at dinner which we did and they brought out a small chocolate cake.....really wasn't that good Lol

I called NCL prior to our cruise to say we were celebrating our anniversary. A card was waiting in our room we could bring to dinner for a cake. 

We never needed to bring it because the night we dined in La Cucina the hostess greeted us with, “I see it’s your anniversary, congratulations!”

A cake was brought to the table during dessert.