Captain Marek?

On 5/27/2019 at 10:23 AM, Bee Guy said:

Please elaborate.

I'm sure he's a very good Captain, he's just not our cup of tea.  On Vision out of Dubai in 2017 he drove us nuts. I'm on vacation to relax & sleep in if I choose. Capt Marek & his 7.30am "happy birthday list" made sure that didn't happen. He would ramble on for several minutes every morning. Even though we had the in room speakers on mute, we could still hear him from the hallway speakers, so we were awake whether we liked it or not. There were a LOT of other Capt Marek announcements during the day. He just seemed to be everywhere except on the bridge. 

I guess he's like marmite, you either love him or you don't. We don't  

1 hour ago, Brit-Cruiser said:

I'm sure he's a very good Captain, he's just not our cup of tea.  On Vision out of Dubai in 2017 he drove us nuts. I'm on vacation to relax & sleep in if I choose. Capt Marek & his 7.30am "happy birthday list" made sure that didn't happen. He would ramble on for several minutes every morning. Even though we had the in room speakers on mute, we could still hear him from the hallway speakers, so we were awake whether we liked it or not. There were a LOT of other Capt Marek announcements during the day. He just seemed to be everywhere except on the bridge. 

I guess he's like marmite, you either love him or you don't. We don't  

We were with him last month and those announcements all came at noon

1 minute ago, norway olin said:

We were with him last month and those announcements all came at noon

We went to guest services to ask if he could do them at a more appropriate time. The lady we spoke to said there had been many complaints about the early morning announcements. Some friends of ours sailed the week after us & also spoke with guest services.

I guess he's maybe had to listen to the guests & move his schedule.