Do Summit Veranda Dividers Now Open?

PinkSandGirl

Hi!  After Summit's dry dock and cabin updates, does anyone know if the veranda (balcony) dividers now open between cabins?  I know they do on Deck 11 when they were added years ago.   I have watched some videos of the newly re-done cabins but I can not tell if the dividers open.  ???   I always sail with family and friends and I get our cabins all in line and have the dividers opened up as soon as we get to our cabins.   =)    :classic_smile:

We were on the Summit in Feb 2016. 4 cabins in a row on deck 9 Aqua class. We asked to have the dividers open because 1 of our party was having a birthday.

They did open the divider between the middle 2 cabins, said they usually don't open them for safety reasons.  They were going to close the divider the next day, but never did.

7 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Thank you everyone!   I had hoped they would change the divider situation during the renovations but I guess not.  Thank you for your responses.  =)

The ability of balcony dividers to open was mandated as a safety requirement after the Star Princess fire, not as a matter of passenger convenience.  Since the Summit was built before the Star Princess fire, she is not required to retrofit to dividers that open.