Explorer 1 Cabins

Hi. 

We were on Explorer a couple of weeks ago, we weren’t in the cabin that you were asking about but looking at the deck plans it looks like you have made a good choice.  The Broadway show lounge is directly under your cabin but the shows all finish around  eleven thirty pm so that shouldn’t cause any problems.

We were on deck nine and right at the back of the ship (cabin9242) and the noise and vibration when docking or when the boat was travelling at low speed was truly horrendous. There was an apology that there was a problem with one of the engines I believe ,but that was small comfort at six o clock in the morning.

Otherwise the ship is very good, We had a great time and I am sure you will enjoy your trip.

Any thing that you want to know regarding Explorer just ask and we will do our best with answers.

Keep well. 

We were in 8012 for the Transatlantic Homecoming. We were in the cabin for three weeks. Only time we noticed any noise was late afternoon when they were carrying out rehearsals in the Broadway show lounge. We had a great girl looking after the cabin as well.

Really quiet area of the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

I really appreciate you both taking the time to reply to my question,looks like I've made a good choice.If I think of anything else I'll post again.Thank you.

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, GFJM said:

Hi could anyone tell me if Marella give you a map of the ports of call-thanks.

You can collect them from destination services on the night before the ship docks.

when is your trip?

Edited by Brummijam
Spulong

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, GFJM said:

Thanks for that howmuch!(typical Yorkshire war cry) I was getting different replies but now I will use Google for some maps.

If you go to the web site. “What’s in port”  there are basic printable maps and information on most ports.

Apologies - Just realised my error - as davecttr has said, Cruise News is delivered to cabin each evening - my loose terminology!

I was actually trying to say the Newspaper wasn't available on Explorer in July. A sheet with crosswords etc was available, but no up to date news with it.

No news summary sheets available on Explorer a few weeks ago plus there was no automatic delivery of cruise news, only if you asked for it. Copies where available at reception.

Sky News was available on the TV for UK news. The BBC channel was not much use

On 8/25/2019 at 9:50 AM, GFJM said:

Thanks for that howmuch!(typical Yorkshire war cry) I was getting different replies but now I will use Google for some maps.

I download offline maps before we leave home. Works well and costs nothing while you are away. 

I would be devastated if the Cruise News was discontinued I read it every night before bed and loved it when it came in the new three page format with the activities/nightly entertainment on a tear off sheet which I always carry me at night in my bag. They were still being delivered to our cabin first week in July on Discovery

Edited by Vitalsign