Post Sortation

OK, I openly apologize to any and all moderators whom have had to deal with a string of reports I've recently made concerning topics which I assumed were off topic. I was searching the Celebrity Millennium Roll Call section to make sure that I wasn't creating a double post for an upcoming cruise I'm going on. All fair and good, I'm trying to keep things nice and orderly. The problem is that after the 4th page of posts, new replies to old threads start appearing as new threads, prompting me to flag these posts as being off topic when they really aren't. Is this something new with the updates that were applied to this board long ago? This is the first time I have ever seen this issue in a roll call section. This occurred I the Celebrity Millennium Roll Call section.

8 hours ago, Schlepporello said:

The problem is that after the 4th page of posts, new replies to old threads start appearing as new threads, prompting me to flag these posts as being off topic when they really aren't. Is this something new with the updates that were applied to this board long ago? This is the first time I have ever seen this issue in a roll call section.

I don't think that this is confined to that roll call forum. The problem appears to occur when someone intends to post a reply to the roll call thread but pushes the wrong button and creates a new thread instead. This has been exacerbated by the approach taken by the designers of the current software to nomenclature: instead of using the terms "thread" and "post" in the way that IBBs have used them for years if not decades, they decided to use different words and confuse everyone.

I think that the problem has been dealt with by making it impossible now to create a new thread when you are viewing an existing thread. That's probably why the more recent pages of threads that you have seen don't have this problem any more.

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

I think that the problem has been dealt with by making it impossible now to create a new thread when you are viewing an existing thread. That's probably why the more recent pages of threads that you have seen don't have this problem any more.

I agree.  There used to be a “start new topic” option in each ship’s Roll Call (besides “reply to this topic”), and many folks were choosing that when of course all they meant to do was post in their Roll Call. When they erroneously hit that button, their post appeared as as a new thread in the home page of that ship’s Roll Call.  After numerous complaints, CC recently disabled that button in the Roll Calls.