Just off Joy!!!!

sargemrs

50 minutes ago, jvsnana said:

Do you remember when the earliest disembarking time in Seattle was for the Haven guests? 

Trying to decide on flight times.

Thanks!

Our son flew out at 1:30 and had plenty of time.

16 hours ago, sargemrs said:

Does anyone know definitively if we’re allowed to take the Haven house slippers?  I know the comfortable robes are not given but what about the slippers?

Your allowed to keep the slippers...I have 2 pairs that are in my guest bedroom here at home 😀

Does anyone know definitively if we’re allowed to take the Haven house slippers?  I know the comfortable robes are not given but what about the slippers?

Your allowed to keep the slippers...I have 2 pairs that are in my guest bedroom here at home 😀

1 hour ago, myjillian said:

Wow talk about duplicate posts...first time this happened to me...sorry🤨

I got it, I got it!  😂. I thought so but wanted to make sure!  Our first time in Haven but hopefully not the last!!  Thanks!

On 5/25/2019 at 9:22 PM, sargemrs said:

Just disembarked the Joy a few hours ago and am absolutely blown away by the ship and staff!  Our experiences will be unique as we mainly cruise for the ship experience and family get togethers.  First of all, it was our first Haven experience and there’s no going back!  Our rooms were beautiful!  We originally booked 5 H6 cabins.  Our son has 4 children and his MIL traveling with them so I encouraged them to watch the DOS pricing or bidding opportunities.  Well..... they got it....18700 DOS.  Absolutely gorgeous and roomy 2 1/2 bath, 2 bedrooms and couch that makes a bed.  Everything was pristine and ready for us all.  Priority checkin and disembarking was efficient and painless.  Only 1 time we went to the buffet for a snack and realized how spectacular the Haven experience is!!!

our H6 cabins were nice for 2 or 3 but I’d hate to have a family in them.  Lots and lots of storage, the 2nd bathroom was used by guests as well as ourselves.  I DO want to say that the walk was quite daunting with arthritic knees and several trips a day!!!  If we get to cruise again I’d would only stay in the Haven proper!!!  The Haven restaurant, Observation lounge and priority  perks are invaluable,

We had the 3 dining package and chose Le Bistro, Teppanyaki and Cagney’s. The food was superb in all 3.  Very slow service, but we were a party of 11-18.  We had to wait 30 minutes for our seating even with reservations at Cagney’s but the other 2 we walked right in and were seated ( with reservations).  Very cordial servers but possibly understaffed in the kitchens.  We ate every other meal except embarkation lunch at the Haven restaurant, which was amazing with the most happy, helpful, caring servers/ hostesses that one could hope for!  American Diner was a fantastic start to our cruise.  Food delicious and staff very happy to serve us.  I never noticed it busy, tho I didn’t go up there often.

These are just a few things I wanted to share while it was fresh in my mind.  We don’t drink or go to shows so can’t help with those questions but would be happy to answer any questions applicable.

I would love to know how the bidding works.  I am sailing on JOy 7/27, and curious about the process.

20 hours ago, sargemrs said:

Yes you can have them, no charge. We have so many that we’ve stopped taking them.

5 hours ago, CajunGroover said:

I would love to know how the bidding works.  I am sailing on JOy 7/27, and curious about the process.

Well you get an invitation to bid, as I understand it, and different amounts to bid, and as your budget allows you can bid the extra PP for the cabin.  My DIL was watching daily, as was I, for the prices to go down, and they did!  I think in her particular case, the price dropped to lower than her bid and she called her TA and rebooked the DOS, paying immediately for the difference.  BTW it was about $7,000. less than the original asking price!  And what a wonderful time they had and we got to enjoy it with them!

• Like 2

We are departing August 24 in Haven Courtyard H/C Suite and can’t wait!  Our 4th time in Haven, but first time on larger ship with multiple decks.  I agree with an earlier posting, if you are booking a Haven, book it in the Haven proper, while the Haven suites aft and fwd are very nice, there is nothing as special as walking out your door to the courtyard and with this ship the bar and restaurant.

1 hour ago, ggg196078 said:

tell me about the ports please. what did you do? what do you recommend to do? thank you

Someone else will have to chime in on the ports.  We had been to Alaska, and somewhat disabled, in that I couldn't walk too long, so we just didn't do much.