Getaway Aft Haven living room bed

LeesaB

We're in this room next year but will have 2 14 year old boys who don't sleep well right next to each other.  Personally - get over it, but looking at reasonable options.

I've heard/seen multiple people say the living room bed is king size, and I've heard/seen multiple people say the living room bed is queen size.  Which is it?  Or can it magically become either?  They would be fine if it can be king size, it's when they try to share a queen that it turns into "don't touch me" city.

I've also seen in a YouTube vlog (from 2015) where the couch was fully "couched" again, but there was a second bed set up directly beneath the tv (maybe twin size, maybe cot size).  So there would be about a foot an a half or so between the couch bed and cot bed.  Does anyone know how this was achieved?  Did/would NCL provide a cot?  Would the family have brought it on?  Would a twin size air mattress fit in that area?

Thanks to everyone, and yes, I am a planner.

Those beds are definitely not King sized. I'd say they're closer to Full than Queen even.  The couch is essentially slightly bigger than a love seat.  2 14 year olds will definitely not be thrilled about having to share one of those.  I'll be on Breakaway in an Aft Facing Penthouse and will take a picture of the bed pulled out and made up for you.

It is not a king.   My sister slept on it when we sailed and she is not a big gal.   It was really just the couch folded down.  No way two 14 year olds could sleep on it together.  When it was open, it was difficult to move around it.   It took up the whole space.

We were in an H6 on the Getaway a few months ago, this is how we set it up for my 4 year old. If you turned the 2 sofa back cushions on their side (we stacked them as a makeshift bed rail) and pulled the sheets (not fitted, if that’s important) over them, that’s what you’d be looking at for your sons. Technically it’s a double sofa bed, so it can sleep 2, albeit snugly. 

CC693FBB-CCBE-41CD-950D-C6AA3EC39818.jpeg

On 5/28/2019 at 6:34 PM, LeesaB said:

I've heard/seen multiple people say the living room bed is king size, and I've heard/seen multiple people say the living room bed is queen size

No idea how anyone would mistake it for a king. Definitely smaller than a queen, and either the same size or maybe a smidge bigger than full (haven’t been in a full in years). Use the objects in the room to try to ascertain the size. Fully made, it’s probably slightly wider than two pillow lengths. 

We were in 9316 which is an H6 and they brought in a cot for us.

It as a bit crammed with both the bed and cot out in the evenings but worked well for sleeping.

During the day the cot was folded up and bet set back up as a couch.

Best to pre arrange this through the NCL Pre Cruise Concierge 

I agree that it's strange to hear the bed sizes differently, but I've been watching a LOT of youtube videos on these suites and I know there were at least 2 that said it was king sized (of course never videoing when the bed is down for confirmation).  Then I kept looking at pics people would post and it looked more queen sized so I thought maybe there was some strange way you could maybe have the queen parallel to the room but could do *something* and make it king sized (or thereabouts) if it was oriented perpendicular.  Like I said, it was confusing and I was trying to think how the discrepancy could be accounted for.

Maulers2000, that's exactly what I needed to know!  Thanks!