Miami hotels - help me pick JW Marriott or Hyatt Centric

PrincessEsq

Cruising out of Miami. We usually stay in FLL but I wanted to try something new this time. The below hotels are recommended a lot on this board (we don’t need a free shuttle or breakfast but want a clean, nice hotel within walking distance of restaurants). We’re traveling July 2019 (one night pre-cruise). For the prices I’ve found below I’d love feedback on what hotel most people would prefer:

Intercontinental - $300

JW Marriott - $190 (prepay)

Marriott Marquis - $280

Hyatt Centric - $190 (prepay)

Hampton Brickell - $270 (flexible)

Are those bay view or other premium category room rates?

I see the Intercontinental for between $189 to $225 most nights in July.

The Hyatt website has the Centric starting at $144 fully cancellable most nights the last three weeks of July.

I didn't check Marriott but if it falls between the two above examples it may be the best buy if you don't go for the IC.

Hyatt Centric if going between the The JW Marriott and the Hyatt.  They are literally right next door to each other.  However the Hyatt Centric is new, maybe 6 months if even that.  It's a brand new building and the hotel is beautiful. It's located in the new Panorama Tower, the lobby is facing Biscayne Bay, on Brickell Bay Drive.  The front of the building is Brickell Ave. and the hotels face each other.  The views from some of the rooms are just incredible.  It's also got a great restaurant inside!

Hampton Inn is a nice old but should not be in that price range at that time of year at all.  Honestly, I would chose the Marriott properties over it.

The Brickell area would be my preference over where to be so I would chose it over the Intercontinental and with the construction going on over the Marriott Marquis, the area has become extremely congested. 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

17 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

We are staying at the Hyatt Centric Brickell in November. Can you tell me where the closest Market or liquor store will be.

Many thanks

I just responded to the thread that you did on the subject!  You have one a few steps away plus other choices!