Norwegian I concierge app ??

cruisinmeme

I have read mixed reviews of this app. I cant get it if you are using your WiFi minutes when using this app. If so you would pretty much have to do the unlimited WiFi plan to cover this. 

Some seem to think the app is the greatest and some not so much. Maybe it depends on the ship.

The app operates on its own. It doesn't not require an internet package at all.

Install the app in advance of your cruise on your device and log in using your MyNCL credentials.

Once you board your ship put your phone in airplane mode then manually turn on wifi and connect to the ship's wifi network. 

Launch the app and you are good to go.

Using an internet account you use a web browser like Safari or Chrome. You log in using your wifi account credentials. 

• Like 1

iConciege App has been phrased out, retired, sunset & transformed into the newer "Cruise Norwegian" App, in both iOS and Android.  Most of its features are free to use AND it only need a WiFi connection to ship's inTRAnet, not to the inTERnet (which require MB/minutes plan) - for it to work.   

The APP does NOT provide access to email, web surfing for news, or other common online functions.  

As for how well this new App works, IMHO, reasonably well - given NCL's proven track records in the I.T. area  - it gets more frequent update to fix bugs & enhance functionality, nowhere close to being perfect, but as work-in-progress, I rather have access in using it than not ... hands-on with this on 3 different ships within the last 7 months.  For example, you can use it to check your onboard spending & charges credited, make dining reservations and access deck plans ... just cannot use it to cancel a reservation made.  

ffdc813954be3cf125ea9c8ecbc144bc.jpg2df3b5c7db3677c8f1b3128bff9fdae6.jpg

MKING8288,

can you tell me how it was for you re: messaging other people on the ship?  I was on the Escape last summer, and it was truly a waste of money.  But if it has been fixed and is working better, I would consider trying it again on the Dawn later this month.  TIA

@myra711 - We had not used this new App's Messaging function and hardly recalled seeing anyone on the Dawn using theirs (just weeks ago, gosh ...)  We had 4 cabins/3 different deck locations & did it the old fashion way, room-to-room voice mail & pre-set time on where to meet.  

Dawn's WiFi hardware & server, as a whole, wasn't as robust as the Breakaway, Escape or even the Gem (that went thru a more "recent" drydock) - I would rate these ship's inTRAnet at a A- or B+ as a whole, that the App itself was functional & less buggy; but, will only score the Dawn at a C+ at best, although - in theory, poor and/or lack of satellite connectivity should not have adverse effect on basic messaging on the ship in a "closed loop".  The App has been updated more than once this year and the calendar functiion vastly improved.  If you have extra OBC credit to offset spending $20 for 2 devices, another $30 for a 3rd device and so forth ... like keeping track of teenagers or spouse running loose - give it a try on 2 devices, and decide whether to add extra users/devices.  

We're on the Canada/New England itinerary & just too busy except for 1 full sea day to worry about finding someone else in our group or losing contact - it's a smaller ship & not too difficult among the few public places.  If you are sailing Florida, GSC & Nassau - with more times at sea, maybe.  Should it failed to deliver messages, I would speak to the iCafe manager & request a credit/refund to reverse the charges ... easily miss its "new" location, opposite the Photo Gallery on Deck 7, passing it numerous times to/from the Venetian MDR daily.  

mking,

Thanks for all the info.  I think that I will pass this time around; for me, the main function would be to message my sister, with whom I'm sharing a room.

Enjoy your next cruise!

• Like 1