Princess Bus Transfer to Southampton luggage handling?

Has anyone used Princess transfer from airport to Southampton port recently?   Once arrived at Southampton port do we need to retrieve our luggages from the bus and to the check-in or Princess will handle it from the bus and deliver to our stateroom directly?

Unless things have changed, for all cruise lines you don't have to retrieve your luggage at Southampton - the driver and luggage handlers take care of it. Some cruiselines ask you to identify your luggage before it's taken away.

But, as at other ports, it may be an hour or two before it arrives at your stateroom

JB :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

The reason I ask at this thread because each embark port Princess handling differently.   That why I ask specifically for who use Princess Bus transfer to Southampton on how it handle.   

I did the Princess Transfer at New York port (Caribbean Princess) several years ago, after get off the bus I have to identifed my luggages and then hand it off to the crew which they loaded into a crate, then it delivered to my room later that day.   Don't know what would happen to the luggages if you did not identify and hand it to the crew.   

South America Cruise  (Star Princess) from the airport bus transfer we give our luggage to princess at the airport and did not see it again until it in our room on the cruise.

14 minutes ago, lianaks said:

The reason I ask at this thread because each embark port Princess handling differently.   That why I ask specifically for who use Princess Bus transfer to Southampton on how it handle.   

I did the Princess Transfer at New York port (Caribbean Princess) several years ago, after get off the bus I have to identifed my luggages and then hand it off to the crew which they loaded into a crate, then it delivered to my room later that day.   Don't know what would happen to the luggages if you did not identify and hand it to the crew.   

South America Cruise  (Star Princess) from the airport bus transfer we give our luggage to princess at the airport and did not see it again until it in our room on the cruise.

I disagree.  I don't think  they do it all that differently. My bet it is 90% the same. When you move many hundreds or thousands of people, it is more alike, rather than different. 

In any event, it is still a Princess POLICY OR PROCEDURE, no matter if different or similar. 

But after over 20 cruises, and all around the world, what do I know?

7 hours ago, lianaks said:

Don't know what would happen to the luggages if you did not identify and hand it to the crew.   

Plenty of cruise lines don't. In fact at Mayflower terminal (one of the terminals used by Princess) and QE 11 terminal, passengers are off-loaded and then the bus moves to the baggage area. And for passengers arriving at Heathrow's T3, Cunard often load some of the luggage onto a truck.

Since everyone on the bus is bound for the same ship, identifying your luggage isn't desperately important - it just means that if tags have fallen off the bags will be held by ship's crew until late in the evening when the passenger screams "my luggage has gone missing".

JB :classic_smile: