How often does POA have to skip ports?

Tabbymom

I'm trying to talk my son into joining me on the Hawaii cruise next winter since he's interested in seeing the islands.  But from skimming the forum, it sounds like there's a chance of missing one or more of the ports due to weather.  Is that a slim chance, or a good chance?  I'd hate to talk him into this then end up mainly on the ship since that's not what he's looking for.  Thanks!

Can't speak for recent times, but back in 2004-2008 when I worked on one of the ships there, I think we only missed one port (Kona, a tender port) once or twice in 4 years.  Made every other port every time.  We were even in Hilo for a tsunami.

1 hour ago, Tabbymom said:

I'm trying to talk my son into joining me on the Hawaii cruise next winter since he's interested in seeing the islands.  But from skimming the forum, it sounds like there's a chance of missing one or more of the ports due to weather.  Is that a slim chance, or a good chance?  I'd hate to talk him into this then end up mainly on the ship since that's not what he's looking for.  Thanks!

Slim during the winter months. Weather is weather and there can always be a freak storm. But you do have the summer hurricanes to contend with. 

It would be January or February. I’m in San Diego and he’s in Seattle so it would be a winter getaway. I can’t talk my husband into going.  I know there are some Caribbean ports that are always iffy so wondered if the same was true in Hawaii, but it seems not.