How much for a clamshell nowadays?

If I remember correctly we paid $129 for our clamshell .  I would definitely reserve it onboard at the excursions desk.  Lots of people were trying to rent them once they got on shore but it wasn't possible. Also look for the ones with the screened back..they are much cooler.

43 minutes ago, RIvacationgirl said:

Cruising on the Dawn in less than three weeks. I have rented the clamshells before, but cannot find how much they are priced at the moment. In addition, can you reserve them when you are on the ship? Thank you for your responses.

It was $35 last time we rented one. If you are on a big ship going to GSC, you must reserve on the ship. We just used the touch screen kiosks at elevator lobbies. The ticket is delivered to your room. 

Harvest Caye has a lot more clamshells and you can probably buy them on the beach at the booth. 

Harvest Caye was $35 for us last year.  Seemed like availability was good when we reached HC, but we did book it on the first day of cruise just to be sure.   Our Shore Excursion promo paid it in full as we had no other excursions booked for that day.

3 hours ago, RIvacationgirl said:

Cruising on the Dawn in less than three weeks. I have rented the clamshells before, but cannot find how much they are priced at the moment. In addition, can you reserve them when you are on the ship? Thank you for your responses.

I have heard from those who rented that you have to go to the shore excursion desk early on the cruise when on a mega-ship - hopefully you will not have a huge issue on the Dawn. 

Just curious - are you on the 15th out of NYC? We are on that cruise - I looked at the RollCall and am going to join today but there are very few folks signed up. It's rather fun meeting up with folks ...especially those who love cruising!

Amy

7 hours ago, amygutman said:

I have heard from those who rented that you have to go to the shore excursion desk early on the cruise when on a mega-ship - hopefully you will not have a huge issue on the Dawn. 

Just curious - are you on the 15th out of NYC? We are on that cruise - I looked at the RollCall and am going to join today but there are very few folks signed up. It's rather fun meeting up with folks ...especially those who love cruising!

Amy

Thank you for your response. We are leaving when you are coming back. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

10 hours ago, Samstress said:

If I remember correctly we paid $129 for our clamshell .  I would definitely reserve it onboard at the excursions desk.  Lots of people were trying to rent them once they got on shore but it wasn't possible. Also look for the ones with the screened back..they are much cooler.

Thank you. Yes, I do agree the ones that are open are much better- we have been lucky enough in the past to get that kind.

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is never a need to go and wait in line at the ShoreEx desk. The touch screen kiosks work fine for booking shore excursions (and clamshells). 

The touchscreens are a new addition that I did not know about. I don't think they were on the Escape on my last cruise either. Nice to use technology to reduce waiting time in lines. Can you make dinner reservations this way as well?

8 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Harvest Caye was $35 for us last year.  Seemed like availability was good when we reached HC, but we did book it on the first day of cruise just to be sure.   Our Shore Excursion promo paid it in full as we had no other excursions booked for that day.

Great idea- I forgot about our OBC!

7 hours ago, RIvacationgirl said:

Thank you for your response. We are leaving when you are coming back. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Have a wonderful cruise to you as well!

We will try and make sure that we leave the ship is great condition!

Amy