Virgin Gorda & Bath excursion

MooNGaTe27

I an think of doing this NCL's excursion . Has anyone done this with NCL & if so what time did it start. They say we dock at 6am that's kind of early to start an excursion They say its 4 1/2 hrs long but not sure how long it takes to get there and back. We are in port till 2pm so would I also have enough time to shop ?

We did an NCL excursion to the Baths this past November where we swam in and snorkled before and after going through the caves. It was awesome. I recall having about an hour to shop in the stores right by the pier when we got back. I do not recall how early it began.

Just now, DZcreature said:

We did an NCL excursion to the Baths this past November where we swam in and snorkled before and after going through the caves. It was awesome. I recall having about an hour to shop in the stores right by the pier when we got back. I do not recall how early it began.

We got on a boat right at the end of the pier that took us close to the rocks and swam from there.

short walk to speedys ferry, 20. round trip for seniors 65 and children 5-11  30. round trip for others, we always use them and grab a cab at the ferry stop on virgin gorda to the baths, ncl excursion is probably more and you can navigate the caves yourself and less crowded if you beat the crowds on excursions

My sister and her husband did this in December from the Epic and said it was awful.  Everyone we talked to that was on their tour agreed.  We did it with another cruise line and it was great.  Their boat let them out in the water to walk/swim up to the Baths...  If you are already wet, and you are trying to climb the rocks in the caves.....  and where is your towel since you swam to shore.... and where is your snorkel....?  Not well thought out.    Hopefully they changed tour operators, but I would confirm that you are driven to the Baths.   You should ferry to Virgin Gorda and then be driven to the Baths so all of your personal belongings are dry and you are dry so you can climb.

15 hours ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

We did the baths 2 years ago and it’s a must see.. Book early because it sells out...

Enjoy

You can always do it on your own. The Baths NEVER sell out, only ship's tours which are not the way to go.

• Like 1

We did this by ourselves 2 times.

First time with Speedy's in 2008 and two month ago with some new company.

I think with it was about $33 or $38 all together plus $3 per ticket at Baths.

The Key is to not get there when ship's excursion arrives... or at least not get with gazillion people from ship's excursion when you go through sea caves. )))

My wife and I did the Baths 3 years ago. We ferried to the Island and bussed to the top of the cliffs. The trail down was no too bad. We took it slow and easy. Now mind you we are both older and not in the best of shape and were warned it may be a bit difficult for us. The trail back up almost killed us. Literally. The Baths were beautiful and a once in a lifetime experience so we are glad we went but I could never walk that trail again. A swim in would be optimum for anyone concerned with the walk back up.