Thank You Princess EZ Air

First, let me say that I will not be sailing on this cruise until December.  A month or so ago, I found a cheaper price for our flight from PHX to FCO, so went ahead and changed from our previous reservation on the same flights with Delta.

A couple of weeks ago, I tried again to find a better price, and horror of horrors, found that my flights were no longer available, PHX to ATL to FCO, with a less than 2 hour layover in ATL.  A great itinerary, and also great pricing for business class.

So over to the Delta site, and found that we were now scheduled PHX to ATL to JFK to FCO.  And besides that, our flight out of ATL leaves for JFK 55 minutes before we arrive at ATL.  Now, I know this will never work.

A call to Princess, I was told that they are working on re-routing, and it would be resolved in a day or two.  This was more than a week ago, and the impossible flights were still reported by Delta.

This morning, I was ready to rant and rave at Princess, logged into the Princess site, and went to travel arrangements on my cruise...and, miracle of miracles, we have been assigned a really good itinerary PHX to JFK to FCO, and even though the pricing on EZ Air for this flight is almost $1100 more for the two of us, Princess is honoring the original quote.

So, Thank you for doing the right thing, even though I was losing patience.  This should tell me to relax, especially with 6 months to go.

Stan.

• Like 4

Actually, if you have booked the flight away from Princess (not EZ Air), the Airline would have still 

12 hours ago, AZ Stan (FKA Stan in Chicago) said:

even though the pricing on EZ Air for this flight is almost $1100 more for the two of us, Princess is honoring the original quote.

If you had not booked EZ Air, and directly with the Airline (using a TA or not), the airline would have still honored the original price, and done it right away (not a week later). If you have a ticket, and they cancel the flight (or change the departure or arrival time), then they will rebook you on another available flight (regardless of fare) that has similar or better timing (since "timing" is in the eye of the traveler - earlier or later, the Airline lets you go either way). Note: I have had original flights cancelled, and had been able to book better flight times that I didn't originally choose because they were more expensive. I had one long-haul flight cancelled in advance because of weather (typhoon), and they wanted to route me through Singapore. I had a friend flying through Korea, and I was able to switch to their flight on a different airline.

EZ Air is great when it is a Princess problem (change ship itinerary). If you book directly with the Airline, then it is your problem. If you book through Princess, then it is their problem.

Edited by richmke