Week before Christmas-busy?

We will be sailing the week before Christmas this year! 

The price difference between that week and Christmas week was too good to pass up. I've read that there will be Christmas decorations prior so that will be great as we're taking our kids with us. Interested to read feedback about crowds but I assume lots of families. 

I have always cruised the week before Christmas or the week of.

If you sail the week before, the ship will be decorated and it does seem to be less crowded than the week of, as it always seems to be lots of people local to the port who are using it as a getaway before the big holiday.

There seems to be less kids, as the families usually cruise the week of or after depending on how Christmas break falls, and the week of Christmas you see a lot more big family groups using it as a big Christmas celebration.

We've sailed the week before 3 times now, with a 4th coming this December.  We enjoy the decor and Christmas cheer, puts you in the spirit to come home and be with family.  Plus, the price is a bargain compared to Christmas and New Years.  Ship always seems to sail full, but hasn't ever felt too crowded.  Go for it!

There appeared to be a lot more kids on the ship when we cruised the week before Christmas two years ago than when we cruised the week of Christmas last December.  I talked to the CD about this at the D&P party. His thought was a lot of families with younger kids want to be home on Christmas day for gifts, playing Santa, etc. 

It’s our family tradition to sail the week before Christmas because of the more affordable pricing.  We have done it for at least 10 years now.  Can also do some Christmas shopping on the trip.  One year we cruised again the week of NYE and that was fun!  Cost was higher because it was a holiday of course, but it helped the post-cruise let down immensely knowing we would be back on the seas again in a week!