Dublin Airport Question

grak

Arriving or departing?

There is plenty of shopping on departure, but none on arrival. There is a 'Spar' shop (convenience store) towards the car park area of T2, which may have wine.

No wine in SPAR when I was there in December.  If you are leaving from Alexandra Quay (a/k/a Ocean Pier 33) the closest wine shop to the ship would be in the building that houses Epic.  It's probably a two mile walk, maybe 1/12.  I've never walked further than the arena, so I'm guestimating.  It is a small but well stocked shop with a good selection of wines mostly from France, Spain, and Italy.   Mitchell's I think is the name.  Double check the hours, they most likely close early evening, as that area is mostly businesses.

If you don't have time to go there, I imagine your next stop is Belfast.  There's a wonderful shop there, Direct Wine Sales.  It's tucked away off Corporation St on the northeast side of the M3.  It's probably a mile or so walk from the cruise pier.  If you want to walk around a bit, the neighborhood to the northwest is not good at all.  South of there as well as over to the pier is perfectly safe.  My favorite Belfast restaurant is just down the street, 2Taps.  

Just to make you aware, don't expect to find your favorite US wine in the UK. Unless you like Barefoot or Sutter Home types of wine.  What they do carry of better US wines are terribly expensive.  Stick with European wines.  At least for now they are far and away your best bet.