Can we do it all?

JDK01269

I am so excited to be posting here again.  My son is 9 so it has been over 11 years since I have cruised.  While in Cozumel I want to swim with dolphins.  My son wants to play at Paradise Beach.  My mom wants to parasail.  I usually scuba dive but decided to pass since they aren’t certified. 😭 Is there time to do all 3 and maybe sneak in some snorkeling time?  Our ship arrives at 9am and departs at 6pm.  Thanks for your input.

Paradise Beach will fit your family's needs, but snorkeling isn't that good.

Snorkel beaches, like Money Bar and Sky Reef don't have the other facilities.

You can snorkel at the north end of Chankanaab and probably do all the other stuff as well, but you'll pay an entry fee of $25 that, as I recall, gets you nothing.

Howdy, from a transplanted Okie! 😎 

Chankanaab offers dolphins, a nice beach, small pool and separate snorkel area. The only thing you might miss out on is the water toys found at Paradise Beach. If that is important it will cost you the cab fare ($10-12+) and $3 each for admission plus extra for those enjoying the water toys.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:06 PM, JohninDC said:

Howdy, from a transplanted Okie! 😎 

Chankanaab offers dolphins, a nice beach, small pool and separate snorkel area. 

Hey there.  Thanks for your input.  Is the snorkeling any good at Chankanaab?  I’ve always gone scuba diving in Cozumel.  Not quite sure how I will cope without my dives. 🤪

On 6/7/2019 at 11:40 AM, crewsweeper said:

you'll pay an entry fee of $25 that, as I recall, gets you nothing.

$25 gets you nothing???  Do you mean I will pay for every activity?  I knew I would pay additional to swim with dolphins.  Are there other things I will have to pay?

6 hours ago, JDK01269 said:

Hey there.  Thanks for your input.  Is the snorkeling any good at Chankanaab?  I’ve always gone scuba diving in Cozumel.  Not quite sure how I will cope without my dives. 🤪

Snorkelling there is okay, not great, with some statues and things in the water and usually a fair number of fish. The beach is nice, small pool, sea lion shows, etc. Swimming with the dolphins, massage and food and drinks are all extra.