XRAIL TO JADE CAVERNS???

mitsugirly

Who has done this tour? It looks like a lot of fun!!!

It looks like you can book it with the cruise line or with 3rd party vendor for about the same price.

Riding the buggies in the mud and trails to the caverns and getting to jump into the water...we've done a trip something similar to this in Dominican Republic and had a blast!

Just looking for opinions and what people thought.

Edited by mitsugirly

It was a lot of fun.  They hurry you up a lot because many excursions share the same trails, such as the ATV excursions, and they have to keep the trails clear.  

You can take turns driving and I let DH have most of my turn.   I liked it better than ATV but others in our group disagreed.  Lol

Edited by Cruising Latitude

How long would you say you rode to get to the caverns? How long was the over all tour? Who did you book with? How was their equipment?

Also, I've seen pictures of the cenote crystal clear blue like the ocean and yet other pictures of it being dark brown. How was it when you went?

Edited by mitsugirly

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, sbbohannon said:

Mitsugirly, Did you ever go on the Xrail ride? We are looking into doing this in Cozumel in May. We did them same ride as you in DR and loved it.

We did not. It sounded like too much of a hassle for us to do it coming from the NCL dock. We would have to pay for a cab to the other cruise ship ports and then pay for transportation from there to the location of their office to pick up the buggies. Or pay for a cab all the way to their office. Then vice versa on the way back. So, we decided we would wait to do this another time when we dock at one of the other piers on another cruise line.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.