Estimated time to disembark leaving room for Museum?

Hi. Booked an Allure of the Seas cruise with a planned return on a Sunday at 6:15 a.m. in Fort Lauderdale. Of course, that doesn't mean we'll get off the ship for awhile. 2 Adults, 1 6-year old, probably 5 pieces of checked baggage and some carry ons, will take advantage of Luggage Valet if we can.

Scheduled flight out at 1:55 p.m. on Southwest Airlines; so I figure ought to be at the airport by 12:30 p.m. at the outside (whether Luggage Valet took care of our checked bags and provided use boarding passes in advance could be an issue here).

That's too early a flight for the Everglades airboat excursion we've done in the past, but I got to thinking...what about the Museum of Discovery and Science? Looks like something the kiddo would enjoy and us, too. Hopefully I could hire a taxi to haul us there, spend up to 3 hours, then on to the airport via another taxi?

We're Emerald, not staying in a suite, didn't purchase 'the Key,' so basically I'm curious as to what you guys would estimate the time we would get off the ship? 

We've never done the early 'carry your own stuff and get out' departure, but maybe that'd work?

Just trying to get a feel for our odds. Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard.

I just wanted to mention that when there are several ships in port an hour or so is definitely not enough time to get through the airport in Ft Lauderdale.  The lines for security are quite long and I would not allow less than 2 hours for checkin.

• Like 1

If you are using Southwest, you have to check in at the airport. Luggage Valet will not give you a Southwest boarding pass. Of course, if you have purchased Voom, you can try to check in 24 hours prior yourself and have the boarding pass saved on your phone. 

• Like 1

We just got off of Allure today.  We left our room at 8:00 am and got through all the lines, luggage pick up, passport showing, bus to Park N Go and in our car and on the road by 8:45am.  So while the museum will be closed (bummer) if you're looking for something to do until your flight leaves you should still have time if you leave early enough.  

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I reserved a 3-device Voom package. I also did the 'early bird' $20/person option when I bought our tickets online, to enable early check-in, if I understand how it works correctly (mostly did it to get preferential boarding while there was still overhead bin space). 

Richard.