Specialty Dining with Kid

amisup

Husband and I have the 3 Meal Speciality Dining Package as part of the pick 3 combo for out NCL Jewel Cruise in July . We didnt get a package for our 9 year old.

Do kids eat free? 

Also when making reservations it says 20% gratuities - is the over and above the service charge I will be paying?  or is that included as part of the pick 3 combo package?

5 minutes ago, amisup said:

Husband and I have the 3 Meal Speciality Dining Package as part of the pick 3 combo for out NCL Jewel Cruise in July . We didnt get a package for our 9 year old.

Do kids eat free? 

Also when making reservations it says 20% gratuities - is the over and above the service charge I will be paying?  or is that included as part of the pick 3 combo package?

Kids eat free off of the kid's menu. We also give part of our meal to our grandkids if we are

cruising with them as I never eat dessert and my husband doesn't like to have an appetizer.

It is allowed.

When we’ve eaten in specialty restaurants, we’ve sometimes had our children eat off the children’s menu for free. But sometimes they’ve eaten from the specialty restaurant menu for the usual a la carte specialty dining charges.

The 20% gratuity is additional— and as Sauer-kraut points out, it is usually listed up front when you reserve the package, because you usually have to pay it up front when you reserve.

Kids do eat free as mentioned but only off the kids menu. Your 20% ,most likely was paid and listed as part of your payment. Check you conformation printout and see if it doesn't have special services listed somewhere. 

5 off ioned b dasa

They will bring you a bill at the end.  It should be $0.  If your kid eats off the adult menu, that will be charged a la carte, but if he eats off the kids' menu, it will be free.  You have already paid the 20% gratuity as part of the "Free at Sea" perk, but, on the bill, there will be a separate tip line.  You can leave more or just leave the total at $0, depending on how you feel.

Took family 3yrs ago had 3 SDP for 6 adults .Paid xtra 3SDP for granddaughter cause she can put it away !! but for the little guy -pizza n fries off kids menu was fine..In certain venues we tipped extra cause service for eight & 2 grandkids is rough..

2 hours ago, amisup said:

Thank you everyone for your responses. Good to know that the kid eats free of the kids menu 

Just so you know, sometimes they charge for kids at Teppanyaki even if they order off the kids menu. There doesn't seem to be much consistency on this, but it does sometimes happen, especially on older/smaller ships where seating there is really limited.