First time cruisers MSC Seaview please HELP!

ls51096

Hi everyone i have been reading alot of posts and as a first time cruiser i have some "stupid" questions to ask 😉 we r sailing MSC seaview in July and wanted to ask if someone can let me.know:

1. When the ship says it arrives at 07:00 how long after are you allowed to disembark?

2. How long does it take to disembark and is everyone allocated a time for this or can you disembark any time you like?

3. How much time before the ship leaves are you supposed to be back on the ship?

Apologies for all the questions as i have never been on a cruiseship and i will be having my young daughter with me

Thanking you all in advance ❤

1 hour ago, ls51096 said:

Hi everyone i have been reading alot of posts and as a first time cruiser i have some "stupid" questions to ask 😉 we r sailing MSC seaview in July and wanted to ask if someone can let me.know:

1. When the ship says it arrives at 07:00 how long after are you allowed to disembark?  If this is a port call, usually you can start getting off the ship within 15-30 minutes, once the port authorities clear the ship. 

If you're talking the last day aka disembarkation to go home, usually within 30 minutes of arrival.

2. How long does it take to disembark and is everyone allocated a time for this or can you disembark any time you like?  On the last day, you'll have two options - self disembarkation, where you carry off all your own luggage with no assistance, this usually begins around 7am, but it does depend on port - ship has to be cleared to begin proceedings.  If you got to let the ship take your luggage off for you and you pick up in terminal, you're assigned a disembarkation time based on cabin location/type. You'll receive paperwork a day or two beforehand to tell you the options/times.  I

If you're meaning in a port of call, there's no assigned disembarkation times, exit when you like.

3. How much time before the ship leaves are you supposed to be back on the ship?  In general, 30 minutes before sailaway. Some ports may be an hour.  The all aboard time will be listed in the daily newsletter, and at the pier as you exit the ship - take careful note of that time !  

Apologies for all the questions as i have never been on a cruiseship and i will be having my young daughter with me

Thanking you all in advance ❤

In red above ..

Have a great time!

I have just come off the Seaview, so can answer your questions no bother.

You can get off the ship about 15 to 20 minutes after it has docked.

With regards to disembarkation, you can either take your own luggage off from anytime disembarkation opens.

If you want the cruiseline to take off your big bags, you have to leave them outside your cabin by 1am, and collect them in the cruise terminal just like collecting bags at the airport.

You will be given a time to disembark (mine was 8.45am) and be told to wait in the theatre 15 minutes beforehand.

I have to say that enforcement of the disembarkation time is non existent - the cruiseline only does it to try and stagger people and avoid a mass exodus.

I got off at the appointed time, but on reflection could/should have stayed on until around midday and used the ships amenities for longer (although everyone had to vacate their cabin by 8.30am if I remember rightly) 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Never too young to cruise said:

I went with my wife and 4 year old daughter. Let me know if you want any ideas of things to do whilst your with your little one. Or any information about the ports (presume Barcelona, Ajaccio, Genoa, La Spezia, Civitiveccia, Cannes and Palma) 

we r going with my 6year old.daughter :) any tips on and off the ship? did u take any excursions? did you go the cinque terre villages?

23 minutes ago, Never too young to cruise said:

I have just come off the Seaview, so can answer your questions no bother.

You can get off the ship about 15 to 20 minutes after it has docked.

With regards to disembarkation, you can either take your own luggage off from anytime disembarkation opens.

If you want the cruiseline to take off your big bags, you have to leave them outside your cabin by 1am, and collect them in the cruise terminal just like collecting bags at the airport.

You will be given a time to disembark (mine was 8.45am) and be told to wait in the theatre 15 minutes beforehand.

I have to say that enforcement of the disembarkation time is non existent - the cruiseline only does it to try and stagger people and avoid a mass exodus.

I got off at the appointed time, but on reflection could/should have stayed on until around midday and used the ships amenities for longer (although everyone had to vacate their cabin by 8.30am if I remember rightly) 

Thank you

12 minutes ago, ls51096 said:

we r going with my 6year old.daughter 🙂 any tips on and off the ship? did u take any excursions? did you go the cinque terre villages?

La Spezia is a lovely port. There is a very short shuttle from the ship to the cruise terminal, and then you can walk along the promenade. Adjacent to the promenade is a park with a decent play area too, so nice to walk through.

We did not visit the cinque terra villages, but we did get the public ferry that goes from La Spezia to Porto Venere first (about 35 minutes) and then onto the five villages of cinque terra if you wanted to stay on. We got off at Porto Venere and it's a lovely harbour, with an old church and lovely views out across the Mediterranean. 

Porto Venere is a UNESCO world heritage site. 

A return ticket is €13 per adults and I think €8 for 5 and over. The small ferry dock is only 10 minutes walk from the cruise terminal, turning left and walking along the promenade.

This is Porto VenereIMG_20190604_111728402_BURST010.thumb.jpg.ee3da50b38fe205ab40c550c9a02f736.jpg

IMG_20190604_105210428_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190604_112322786_BURST000_COVER.jpg

IMG_20190604_113811919_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ls51096 said:

we r going with my 6year old.daughter 🙂 any tips on and off the ship? did u take any excursions? did you go the cinque terre villages?

In Genoa we went to the aquarium. It's massive and very good, albeit quite expensive. Two adults and child over 4 is about €80 (we booked on the acquarium website and got tickets online) but worth it in my opinion. It's a 15 minute walk from the ship and easy to find with other amenities around. We didn't walk into the centre of Genoa; bit too far and 4 year old isn't interested in impressive architecture to be honest!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for agreeing on answering questions on Seaview. There are not a lot of reviews on it yet. We will sail on it next month.

Can someone post a kids' menu from the Seaview please? Or perhaps you remember what was on it? My daughter simply loves mac n cheese.

Were the slide and zipline open on port days?

Which is the best place to be to watch sail in?

Which ports are tender ports? (Ajaccio, Cannes and Palma)

Was the Fun pass available?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

• Thanks 1