Need Some Guidance...

thp60945

I would ring back and speak to another agent.

You might find someone else more sympathetic to your situation and change your sailing without incurring a charge.

If the new agent can't help, ask for a supervisor and keep elevating as necessary.

If you are calm and respectful, they should be too.

• Like 1

You might want to ask to speak to someone in the Resolutions Dept. or a supervisor.  There have been reports here that they can sometimes be very helpful in resolving situations like yours.  Good Luck! 😉

Basically, you ended up booking a non-refundable fare.

Which has a $100 per person non-refundable person for any change of ship or sailing date.   The remainder of your deposit is returned as a Future Cruise Credit, not cash.

All you can do it call, talk to a supervisor, explain that you do not want to be on this theme cruise, and see what they will do.

But as someone else pointed out, just like airlines, if you book non-refundable, it is not refundable.  And in airfares, there are fully non-refundable, non-changeable fares.  You either fly what you booked or you lose the entire amount

On 6/12/2019 at 12:34 PM, mom says said:

Not sure why you think a change fee is ridiculous. It appears you did not use a TA when you originally booked. Did you read the T&Cs  before you paid the deposit? A good TA would have warned you of this. Now you're stuck. Personally, I would not want my 15 yr old DD on a ship with a bunch of college spring breakers. An expensive lesson learned, perhaps.

Spring break goes on for weeks as schools in various part s of the country have break at different times.  Don't worry so m u ch about spring break as those ships are huge.  A party three decks down o r far forward or  aft will be  unnoticed   by most.cruisers . 

We sailed a number of times during spring break periods and were never bothered at all.    We , hardly were young 'uns and the kids did not bother us..

Just my personal experience.

image.png.cc9c2353cc88fecf6ee6e005b6c95e0c.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sail7seas said:

Spring break goes on for weeks as schools in various part s of the country have break at different times.  Don't worry so m u ch about spring break as those ships are huge.  A party three decks down o r far forward or  aft will be  unnoticed   by most.cruisers . 

We sailed a number of times during spring break periods and were never bothered at all.    We , hardly were young 'uns and the kids did not bother us..

Just my personal experience.

image.png.cc9c2353cc88fecf6ee6e005b6c95e0c.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Thanks!  That gives me some relief.