Visa Question

jtslattery

We are on Ovation Singapore to Hong Kong later this year, do we need to get visa's for Cambodia, if we are not planning to get off the ship that day. I know some ports wont let ships enter unless everyone has visa's.  As mentioned before the visa companies recommended by Seabourn, all state we need one, but I thinking its a "just incase you might need it" type of recommendation.

Any thoughts ?

Edited by 2aussiegolfers

4 hours ago, 2aussiegolfers said:

We are on Ovation Singapore to Hong Kong later this year, do we need to get visa's for Cambodia, if we are not planning to get off the ship that day. I know some ports wont let ships enter unless everyone has visa's.  As mentioned before the visa companies recommended by Seabourn, all state we need one, but I thinking its a "just incase you might need it" type of recommendation.

Any thoughts ?

Seabourn organised ours on the same itinerary on Ovation Dec 2018- January 2019.

A visa was required for all, even if not leaving the ship. The visa is large, taking up a full page of a UK passport and rather pretty. 

10 hours ago, 2aussiegolfers said:

Any thoughts ?

We're joining the ship in Dubai and will be on the Singapore to Hong Kong segment later this year. You'll be able to get that one on the ship.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CruiserfaeFife said:

There is a useful document on visa requirements for various ports hidden away in the Seabourn FAQs, with the usual caveats of course. Here is a link to it:

https://www.seabourn.com/content/dam/sbn/inventory-assets/faq/SBN_Visa_Guidance_ADA_v5_180703.pdf

This page certainly gives you the headlines but many countries have different length of stay visas, e-visas and many fake visa websites. Some are just agents that bump on a processing fee others are completely fake so it’s important to get the right one. Usually your own government will have a website giving travel advice including visa info and sometimes even links to the official page so worth starting there. My partner was taken in by one such site for India and has paid $75 instead of the $25 for a e-tourist visa for stays up to 30 days in December (yes India charges different amounts in the wet season) The differences can be subtle so watch out. Even words like “official” mean nothing. For India the correct website is www.indianvisaonline.gov.in

dont use www.indianevisaonlinegov.in it is fake. 

We are in 3 Indian ports and the cost is $25 this includes the US. Many agencies are making huge amounts just to process the info you enter. Figures attached. 

6AD25BA0-837C-403E-9920-DEB3B1D517A7.jpeg

3F57D527-5946-48C9-AF59-7A225EAAE662.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1