Weather at sea on Vancouver to Panama sailing in October

hbgroadends

Howdy all! I've done a lot of searching but haven't been able to find an answer on this.

I'm currently scheduled to sail on the Nieu Amsterdam out of Vancouver at the end of September for 21 days, going through the Panama Canal, and ending up in Ft Lauderdale. What I want to know is how hot and humid will it be in the evenings and mornings when we are at sea? Would it be too hot and humid to use the balcony? I expect it to be warm when we dock, but it would be nice to know what it is generally like at sea.

I currently live in Houston, so I can deal with some humidity, but if it is going to be like sitting in a steam room, I might change my trip.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

The Mexico to Panama part are especially hot and humid. Once in the Caribbean it is somewhat better. We've done this cruise in September - October many times, but not with a balcony.  I do know we weren't too crazy about the heat out on the decks at sea.   It is not exactly a steam room, that's the Amazon, but not pleasant unless you really enjoy heat and humidity.

Great cruise! Enjoy!

Edited by SilvertoGold

3 hours ago, hbgroadends said:

That's what I was afraid of.

There is a sailing that goes from Vancouver to Hawaii around the same time. Do you have any idea if the weather to the islands is as bad?

Certainly not as hot and humid.  First 2-3 days out and back you need a sweater or more on deck.  Hawaii is Hawaii, hot, not really humid.  Balcony for this one would have most use on day before and day after Hawaii and while in the islands.  A good cruise if you like a lot of sea days in a row!

3 hours ago, Galley Slave said:

My husband won’t let me book this cruise due to hurricane season in the Caribbean, anyone taken this cruise in October?

Never had a problem even mid-October.  The lightening and thunder storms in the evenings from Mexico to the Canal can be stupendous!  Loved that part of it, especially off Costa Rica

We did the 10 day out Vancouver to Hawaii cruise last fall on Celebrity.  Had an aft stateroom.  Wow, weather was incredible especially at about 3 days out, started getting warmer on balcony.  Some rain at beginning but so what.  Thought that 5 days at sea would be rough, but honestly I loved those 5 sea days.  Would do again.  Now am ready for a reposition cruise on the Atlantic.  

Mark

Just now, glazedandamazed said:

We did the 10 day out Vancouver to Hawaii cruise last fall on Celebrity.  Had an aft stateroom.  Wow, weather was incredible especially at about 3 days out, started getting warmer on balcony.  Some rain at beginning but so what.  Thought that 5 days at sea would be rough, but honestly I loved those 5 sea days.  Would do again.  Now am ready for a reposition cruise on the Atlantic.  

Mark

Mark, you would love doing a crossing. My sister and I did the QM2 from London back to New York in April. If we could, we'd still be on that ship in the middle of the Atlantic!

57 minutes ago, hbgroadends said:

Thanks, SilvertoGold! I do like a lot of sea days, so it sounds like it would be a better fit for me.

On the Eurodam?  It is a good cruise, lots to do on the sea days, lots of R&R.  A relaxed atmosphere with a lot of experienced HAL cruisers.