2nd Birthday

Our grandson will be turning 2 during our February cruise on Liberty. We will be bringing some basic decorations from home for a party. We would like to have a small party for him in the cabin, I see you can order a cake for 25.oo but wow that seems like a terrible lot for some birthday cake for a toddler. I was thinking maybe getting some cake and icecream from Windjammer and saving it till we are ready for his party? What other options can you think of have you done? Thanks 🙂 

My niece turned 2 on Oasis. We did the cake at dinner that night - just the free thing they bring out for birthdays. It was halfway through the cruise and she had charmed everyone who worked near our table (mostly by devouring strawberries and passing out in her seat!) so she got a huge crowd singer her happy birthday while her dad helped her blow out her candle. 

I don't think you'd be able to save the ice cream in your cabin for long though :classic_wink:

4 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

My niece turned 2 on Oasis. We did the cake at dinner that night - just the free thing they bring out for birthdays. It was halfway through the cruise and she had charmed everyone who worked near our table (mostly by devouring strawberries and passing out in her seat!) so she got a huge crowd singer her happy birthday while her dad helped her blow out her candle. 

I don't think you'd be able to save the ice cream in your cabin for long though :classic_wink:

When did you let them know she was having a birthday so that you could get the free cake?  I think we might do that option. He isn't going to care if it's a fancy or basic cake, all he wants is to make a mess eating it, lol. Maybe decorate the table with some basic decoration that we can put in the center then throw away so not to make more work for them.

11 minutes ago, fischymom said:

When did you let them know she was having a birthday so that you could get the free cake?  I think we might do that option. He isn't going to care if it's a fancy or basic cake, all he wants is to make a mess eating it, lol. Maybe decorate the table with some basic decoration that we can put in the center then throw away so not to make more work for them.

It was just a slice of cake and I'm pretty sure that was one from the dessert menu that night - it was chocolate layer cake with chocolate icing. They just put a candle in it since we said it was her birthday (and the strawberries may have been an addition because she loves them). You could always ask to see the next night's dessert menu the night before to check to see if there's a cake option and if not ask them if you can get a slice of cake anyways. 

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 1