Uniworld River Countess Repair Depot Location?

skiptomylou

Does anyone know where the RIver Countess is receiving her repairs from the collision with the MSC Opera earlier this month?  I'm curious if she had to go far to get fixed or if she was able to have repairs done in or near Venice?

Hi, or you could call Uniworld:classic_smile:…...I spoke with them yesterday but didn't think to ask. I did make my final payment though and will be sailing her in October:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Try locating her on Marine Traffic or Vessel Finder, CA

Thanks Tied them....as well as a few others.  They show her last reported position from June 2, the day of the accident.  Maybe she is being repaired there, but it would seem she would be at a shipyard, drydock, etc...

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, or you could call Uniworld:classic_smile:…...I spoke with them yesterday but didn't think to ask. I did make my final payment though and will be sailing her in October:classic_biggrin:

I  should have mentioned in my original post that I did call Uniworld.  The gentleman I spoke with was not certain, but believed the ship was being repaired somewhere near or in Venice.  I was hoping someone here might have better information, or has seen the River Countess .

Lois, when do you sail?  We leave for Milan on Aug 1

Hi, I sail Oct 13th...flying to Venice on Oct 11th....I am doing the 8 nighter so won't be doing the Milan part of the trip.

Lois, we will arrive in Milan on 8/2 and then board the Countess on 8/4.  I think we will be on the second sailing when she comes out from repairs.  We sailed on her on this itinerary in August of 2017 - absolutely loved it!

Doug

• Like 1