Women's World Cup being shown in Caribbean?

I tried asking about Harmony specifically a few days ago and even asked in the current Harmony roll call thread with no luck so one last try before I board Harmony tomorrow...

Anyone know if the Women's World Cup is being shown onboard?

I've cruised during multiple men's WC's and matches were shown all over the ship as well as on a dedicated stateroom channel but never during a WWC.  TIA!

Funny you should ask this.  A couple days ago on one of the other cruise line forums, someone asked the same question.

I did some research, and ESPN Caribbean 1 and 2 are showing the Women's World Cup.  Based on my experience over the last year, Royal Caribbean ships have both both ESPN Caribbean channels available.  We have done two Oasis class ships along with Enchantment (when it was sailing out of Florida) and they all had the two channels.

Now if they are showing in the public rooms, your mileage may vary.  For Harmony, I would head to the On Air Club as it is the defacto sports bar and see if they will switch one of the TV's to World Cup.

I am big World Cup fan, but have never sailed during either the men's or women's versions, so can't give a definite answer.

Over the last 2 years I have been camped out at a local "pub" watching the various matches.  My wife indulges me with this passion.

Please report back what you experience, to help us World Cup fanatics during upcoming cruise in the next few years.

Edited by gatour

I tried to find it but they were only showing Cricket.  Also the men soccer had some game last weekend and they were showing those games.  I couldn't find anywhere on the ship that was showing the women's world cup.  I did see that I missed a great high scoring game last week with the USA women scoring 13 goals.  🙂  I did catch the last half today while eating lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings.  

Have a great cruise.  We had a great cruise!

On Harmony right now (well, on Coco Cay actually).  There is no WWC on the ship at all.  You can watch it via the fox sports app if you purchase Surf&Stream.  I tested just Surf with one of two Diamond free day coupons today & could not stream anything so I’ll be purchasing Surf&Stream for the rest of the trip using our other coupon.

ESPN Caribbean 2 is showing the U-21 Euro championships, lol.

There is a channel called Prime Journeys that is showing the Gold Cup or at least it showed last night’s matches.

Edited by OCSC Mike