Cupcake Decorating Class?

2 hours ago, 90007012 said:

Has anyone done the cupcake decorating class? Considering signing up on HOTS, but want to know if it is worth it. Thanks!!

We did this with our twin girls (age 10 at the time) on our 2018 Allure sailing (just paid for them).  You get to choose the design of the cupcake.  They had a blast, the cupcakes are huge and loved the fact that it was a small group, and that people were watching them.  The cupcakes are packaged so you can take with you rather than eat right then.  They also received a voucher for a free ice cream.

Dan

I did the cake decorating class on the NOTS in March. There were only 4 of us taking the class. We had fun, but I really can't say I learned anything. The icing bags were huge and very hard to handle. We were able to take away 5 cupcakes each and they gave us certificates and a little box of goodies to continue to decorate at home. It was still fun and I would do it again.

I had family members do this two weeks ago on Liberty and they loved it! They each decorated 6 cupcakes. They were glad they did it on the first sea day instead of the last so they had a chance to eat them all.

My kids have done it twice on the Liberty, and they love it!  They each leave with 6 cupcakes.  However, the cupcakes are not packaged up, so they are quite a hassle to keep around in the stateroom.  I would also recommend doing it early in the week.  We ended up bringing them to dinner and passing them around to family/friends.

On 6/17/2019 at 12:42 PM, 90007012 said:

Has anyone done the cupcake decorating class? Considering signing up on HOTS, but want to know if it is worth it. Thanks!!

I did it on HOTS last May and was super FUN! The teacher had owned her own bakery shop and was a great teacher! We made cute dogs using 2 cupcakes and frosting!!!