Grand vs Caribbean and Grand menus to Alaska

Bignickpsu

Headed out on the Grand for the first time soon and was curious as to how people think it compares to the Caribbean which is the only Princess ship I’ve been on.

I’m also wondering whether anyone here happens to have the MDR menu for the first night.  I’m thinking about booking Crown Grill for the first night since we have early dining and I don’t want to have to cut short the sail away party.

I've been on both Grand and Caribbean several times, there are far more similarities than differences IMHO.  Differences that stand out in my mind:

Grand:

Has Alfredo's (Pizza made to order) in the piazza.  A nice, no cost alternative to the MDR & buffet.

Does not have Skywalkers any more, replaced by Club One5 which is nice in it's own right, but lacks the great views of Skywalkers.

Has a covered pool for inclement weather.

Had a major make over just a few months ago and is fresh and clean.

Caribbean:

Still has suspended Skywalkers which is a great place to see the sea.  Sunrises & sunsets are spectacular up there.

Does not have Alfredo's, but does have a proper Vines venue instead if that's important to you.

Does not have a covered pool.  

Had a fairly major makeover in the past year or two including greatly upgraded buffet "World Fresh Market" + Planks and Steamers.  Nice upgrades all.

But the ships are substantially similar and I doubt you could tell the difference without study if teleported to the Piazza of one versus the other.  

As for first night dining, it's always a bit crazy with everyone finding their tables that first evening.  Coupled with your stated desire to enjoy the sail away, I'd suggest that booking Crown Grill is a great idea.

Edited by jondfk
first night comment added

if you should have happened to book thru a TA ... and they provided you a 'coupon book' ... look in it immediately for a BOGO free dinner in a specialty restaurant good for the first night only